Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice for a black sheep of the family?

Most other people in my family have taken totally traditional paths through life...marriage, career, house in the burbs, two kids, dog, picket fence etc. Then there's me...traveled around the world after college for a year, then lived and worked overseas for two years, then back ';home'; for a year to work, now I'm leaving in a month to work overseas again for two years. Probably will keep this up for a while. This wanderlust just won't go away! I become too bored staying in one place for more than a couple years. I have 37 stamps in my passport (and counting).





I have little desire to become ';normal'; and live a traditional life. I sometimes wonder why I was wired so differently from my siblings. I also sometimes wonder how we come from the same set of parents, we are so different.





I have a desire to travel, see the world, and experience different cultures. Any advice out there for someone who's the black sheep of the family? Thanks!Advice for a black sheep of the family?
I wouldn’t say you are the black sheep of the family. Sheep follow the heard and the black sheep follow the heard just as much. Sounds like you’ve stepped out and found the direction you want to go.





All I can say is keep it up and enjoy it !!! Most people follow the “normal” life style because it’s the safe thing to do and there is no uncertainly and fears in it. I love where I’ve ended up of the beaten path even though I’m married and we have a house and kids I’m far from living the normal life the fun part of getting of the beaten path is your no longer following it your creating it !Advice for a black sheep of the family?
You're not a black sheep of your family. You just want to live differently than the rest of your family. Just keep in close contact with your family along the way. Maybe some of them will visit you once in a while to see what you love.


My Websters says a black sheep is a person who is worthless despite good background. You're not that.


Feel good about it all. It's the way it is supposed to be.
I don't think you need any advice. You sound like you know what you want and you're going for it!
You're not the ';Black Sheep'; of the family. Just the interesting one. Just live life until you're ready to conform with the rest of the family.
stay in 1 spot and go on lots of vacations
Go for what you want! Live the life you want to---not the 'proper' life that your family has seemed to pick out. They enjoy it, it's just not for you. Sounds like you have fun in life, not that they don't. You just have different interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment