Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need some advice on what to do.. Family moving to a new city?

This could potentially be a long question, but I'd appreciate anyones help.





My brother is 16 years old. I'm 19 years old. My brother lives with my Mum (who is a single parent). I don't live at home, I live in a different city for University.





My brother has 2 more years of high school to go. He's at THAT age.. you know how they get.. rude, selfish, think they know everything etc. He's into surfing in a big way. He's got a good group of friends, but he's not doing very well at school. I mean he's JUST scrapping through.





My Mum has lived in the city that her and my brother are living in for most of her life. It's a small, boring and cold city with not many job opportunities. My Mum is a Social Scientist and most of the jobs suitable for her are in a different city. For the past 15 years she's just been doing admin stuff, and not really making a lot of money. However, a Social Scientist job has just come up in the company she's working in now. Except the job is in a different city.





These jobs don't come around very often. The job that she's been offered would allow her to work in the area that she studied, DOUBLE her pay, move to a new city that's warmer and also be closer to where I study at University.





But my brother doesn't want to go. The closest beach would be over an hour away and he doesn't want to leave his friends. Mum doesn't really want him to move school because it could upset his next few years (although he's not really doing that well anyway!)





My Mum has tried to talk to him (but being a 16 year old boy, he doesn't really listen).


We've tried to find somewhere for him to stay here (family or boarding with a friend) but no one wants him.





I told Mum just to say ';too bad we're moving and you're coming whether you like it or not';..





What do you suggest we do? Do you think my Mum should take the job? Or stay here working at a dead end job?





Thanks.I need some advice on what to do.. Family moving to a new city?
Your brother sounds very selfish. I hope your mom isn't going to stay for him.





A beach over a hour? Are you kidding me? That's extremely close and I bet he could go on weekends.I need some advice on what to do.. Family moving to a new city?
You're really in a win/win situation lose/lose situation. If you are sure you have checked he can not stay with anyone in that area then someone must be willing to sacrafice for the family. If you do end up moving maybe your family could organise your brother to go up on the holidays or a weekend? As far as grades are concerened maybe there would be a school to help him catch up on the school work.





When it all boils down, it is a decision that your Mum has to make. Really think about the two different scenarios and write down the Pros and Cons.





Sorry if this didn't really help. Best of luck to you and your family.
he really dose not have much of a choice how ever if you wanted to give him incentive you could tell him if and I mean IF he stops giving mom a heard time and he pulls up his grads maybe if he is cool you will hook him up with a hot young college girl to help him a just this dose not mean it is going to happen but it is a possibility. and if you do make it a girl his own age going to high school like he is. it is Worth a shoot in fact you might want to bring a hot girl home to convince him of this I know this is wrong but the bigger the **** the better if you get my meaning and you and I both know a guy his age will do anything if he even thinks he is going to get P**sy right
Take the job for sure!


I've moved 17 times in my life, I'm 13, and I moved 8 times in the past 4 years since 3rd grade.


Change could be good. While making friends, he'll be able to study because the curriculum may be different.


Most of my moves were from state to state.


It'll be good for him and your mom.


Learn about new places and things around the city.


It'll be fine!
why is your 16 your old brother dictating what the whole family should do?


move. its going to be better for your family overall. your brother can drive to the beach on weekends. he needs to suck it up.





i moved to australia 5 years ago (were back now, but yeah.) my brother was 15 when we moved. he did NOT want to...in fact that's an understatement. but it was good thing for him overall and honestly he's a teenager. he got over it and he ended up loving sydney.
  • lipstick gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment