Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stressful Family problems. Can someone give me advice?

I turned 18 a few weeks ago and I am an Alumni, C/o '09..I'm more stressed out than I should be. Usually for average teens, they only things they should be stressed about is getting a job and going to college. I'm really stressed out and I feel like I have no one to turn to, especially since it is after 3am here. I got some money from graduation but my parents told me if I wanted or needed something to use my own money, mind you I don't have a job yet, and it's really hard to find one. Then within these couple of weeks my little sister who is 13, acts like a smart a**. The other day, I was out with my boyfriend and I have to come in at 9pm. My dad is away on a business trip but he doesn't mind if I come home after 9pm as long as it's before 10. My mom's friend is over and she sees that I come home late, so she says ';JUST BECAUSE YOUR FATHER ISN'T HOME DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HIM AND COME HOME 25 MINUTES LATE.'; she doesn't even get a chance to let my mom talk to me. Then here goes my sister saying ';you know u should come home after 9pm';...





Then earlier, I was doing my mom's hair, My mom is very tender headed, so it was kinda hurting her but she didn't tell me to stop doing her hair. Here goes my sister again getting smart saying ';that means stop doing her hair, it hurts her'; and im like ';okay'; then shes like ';dont get smart, im just telling u'; so then we get into a childish argument just because she thinks im being smart. So she grabs my neck and tries to choke me, of course I react in self defense and grab her neck as well, but she doesn't seem to let go, so i start punching her in her face and her head. so my mom breaks us apart. My sister tells me to just go die and kill myself....Now I look like a bad guy just because she got a scratch mark on her neck when it was her that attacked me first....I am moving in with my boyfriend, his sister, and her fiance soon but I really want to get out now. I have a feeling that If I don't things are going to get worse for me, and they might actually put me in jail just because of my sister...I can't move in with my boyfriend until he gets a job...





Sorry this was pretty long but I need advice. Please help. Best answer = 10ptsStressful Family problems. Can someone give me advice?
Your sister is bullying you and you are allowing it....and what's wrong with your mother? doesn't she discipline your sister or what?





i think your first course of action might be to set some personal boundaries and limits with others.





as for your mother's friend, well, she's a busy body and sticks her nose in where it doesn't belong -- very common behavior, and a good example of ';how not to act';.





next time your sister attacks you, deck her! Put her on the ground and hold her down... let her know this is the last time she tries this crap because you're done. I'm sure that, at 18, you're stronger than her... so put her on the floor, and hold her there. don't let her up until she promises to stay out of your personal space.Stressful Family problems. Can someone give me advice?
alot of people actullay go thru this **** like my bro left to leive with his real dad then some odd years later me and my dad get into a fist fight then i break a 10 year olds tooth i was 12 cuz he did something to piss me off theyre not all related but if u piece them together then are kinda the same as ur story. my suggestion is a stress toy squeeze the living **** outta it if you want it helps i think never used it i just got over it ..
well first off with ur moms friend making those comments i would have gotten in a laugh line like Reagan and with regard to your sister just shake it off pretend it doesn't bother you even think of something funny and laugh at her
wow this is a tough situation. well first of all, dont mind your sister. youre 18 and shes 13, you gotta act more mature than her. if she hits ou then just walk away, dont get caught up in her traps, i know its really hard, i have experience with my 11 year old brother. as for coming in on your curfew, i think you should talk to your moms friend, in a respectfful way and say that you are allowed to come a bit late as long as its before 9. its hard finding a job these days so dont be so rushed to move out just yet. you just have to try to not have so much contact with your sister, whether if its finding a sport to do or helping out in your community or church, whatever gets you away from getting in trouble at home. find things to keep you busy. hope it helps! goodluck

No comments:

Post a Comment