Tuesday, November 22, 2011

There's a small family problem going on here.... some advice?

Well, as it begins, my cousin is graduating college on the 18th and his parents (My aunt %26amp; uncle) asked grandma (My legal guardian) if they can use her house for having a grad party on the 19th... Grandma said yes. Well, my aunt called today and asked Grandma that my mom not be invited... (My aunt has hated my mom since they were kids). Now my grandma is all upset because my aunt was insensitive enough to ask my mom not be invited...





I realized it hurts to see mom cry years ago... now I realize it hurts even more to see grandma cry














Any possible advice?There's a small family problem going on here.... some advice?
Here is my rule of thumb when it comes to family....If there is an event and someone is excluded, I will not attend.'; Shame on the person that is holding the event and shame on the person who the event is for, as they obviously support this as well. it is your grandmothers house and your aunt has some balls to tell her mother not invite her sister ( i think i got that right)... Your aunt is forcing her hand at getting your grandmother to side with her for some type of an old beef and she is selfish to do this for a family occasion...


if your mother is normally allowed in grandmas home them this day should be no different.There's a small family problem going on here.... some advice?
That is really harsh. I think what you should do is take your cousin into private and ask him what HE wants. Make sure he knows that it is up to him, and if not, well then talk to your grandma. As for your aunt, beggars cant be choosers.
Wow that is a tough situation, your mom is family so I personally think everyone should lay their differences aside for this very special occasion, it isn't like he graduates every day she is probably going to be at his ceremony. Good luck and God bless
It's your grandmother's house, but she also realises that family is family. It's cimply NOT up to your aunt, it's up to your grandmom, it's completely her choice. It's not your aun't party, and she should not be forcing her personal issues on the rest of the family but grow up and be mature and big about it. If your cousins were to invite your mom, your aunt cannot very well say very much.


Your aunt obviously cares more about her own personal hang-ups than the feelings of your grandmom, that's just wrong. Speak to your grandmom, it's her house.





If I were your cousin, I'd relocate the party to your mother's house.
I think it was unfair for your aunt to put your grandmother in the middle of her feud with your mother. I would tell my grandmother to tell your aunt to tell her herself. Otherwise, she is going to be there. If your aunt gets mad at your grandma for telling her that then she needs to have her party somewhere else.
Well it is grandma's house and she is being nice enough to hold the party at her house. Your aunt has to have some courtesy and understand that it is hurting your grandma. Go give grandma a hug and tell her you understand.....
Your aunt is insensitive and should care about your grandmothers feelings. Your grandma should also ask what your cousin thinks, since it is HIS party and it is about HIM not your aunt. If your cousin wants her there, then you can tell your aunt to stick it.

No comments:

Post a Comment