Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family law. Fast, free, reliable, online advice. Where can I get it?

Basically, the police and a social worker from child protective services showed up at about 9:30 p.m. They had received a ';referral'; from ';someone'; that my 8 year old nephew is not attending school. There was also mention that ';people'; or ';someone'; is smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol in the backyard and downstairs room. No one in the home drinks any type of alcohol. I believe there may be some indulgence in marijuana though I know never outside and only on rare occasion by my sister. My sister and her son currently reside in our mothers home as mom is getting on in age and doesn't get around as well as she used to. The home is neither a ';party place'; nor ';flop house';. Visitors to the home are limited to family which includes myself (50), my son (23), my sisters two older children (23 %26amp; 21), their significant others (25 %26amp; 21) %26amp; 2 of my sisters friends (approx 32 %26amp; 35). When they arrived they showed no warrant but my sister allowed them into the home. They questioned her then had her wake her son and then leave the room while they questioned him. My sisters son has untreated ADHD and is home schooled by her. The officers left and shortly afterward so did the CPS worker. My sister was told by her that she and her son were adorable and when she stated to the worker that she is not trying to hurt her son she is trying to help him the worker smiled and said that she understood. However my sister was left with instructions to contact another social worker. This was about 3 wks ago. They have played phone tag since and last week the social worker left a message that she received another referral %26amp; she wants to schedule an appointment to come to the home and speak with her and her son. My sister is afraid if they test her urine they will find her positive for the marijuana and may remove her son from her custody. Can they do this? Why wasn't the initial visit by the CPS worker sufficient to close this case? Apparently they were not concerned as the boy was not taken into custody? What should/can she do? If they return to the home and she just doesn't answer the door will they force entry into the home if they have a warrant? Would they be able to obtain a warrant for this? Will her avoidance cause them to obtain a warrant and again would they be able to for this? How quickly can they obtain this warrant? My sister tends to hide her head in the sand and hope that everything will just go away on its own or run and hide. She's been through a lot in life and personally I believe she too suffers from an untreated condition such as agoraphobia or something along those lines. Could even be PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) leftover from an abusive relationship with the boys father, which ended in May 2003. She has severe problems talking with anyone she doesn't know especially if the encounter may be negative or confrontational, she NEVER answers or speaks on the phone to anyone except her own children and even with them it is rare. They communicate face to face or via text messaging. She is 47 years old, and resides in Daly City, San Mateo County, California








Family law. Fast, free, reliable, online advice. Where can I get it?
You can check on www.nawlist.com, They have services that are rated so maybe you can find a highly rated Attorney.





Hope this helped
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment