Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Niece / family problems... i need ur help/advice?

i have this little niece who is about 9 years old and she's bored a lot so sometimes she comes to my house and i let her play video games on the computer or i play outside with her (usually rollerblades or sometimes i take her to the park...)





my mother really doesn't like this because she's having problem with her daughter in law ( my niece's mom ) and they've been bickering at each other over money and stuff like that.. and my mom doesn't want anything to do with my niece....





but my niece didn't do anything wrong, she's just a cute lil girl =.=





recently she just asked me if i could teach her how to rollerblade and im willing to do it, but i always feel like my mom is upset with me even associating with her.... its kinda bad





what should i do?Niece / family problems... i need ur help/advice?
You are way more mature than your mother. She needs to grow up a little. Your neice is ultimately paying the price for her mother's conflict with your mother. This would really upset me. As you stated, she's a cute lil girl who has no fault in this.





If I were you, I would talk with mom. I would tell her that it's unfair that her granddaughter will never know her because she chose not to. I don't know how old you are or if you live at home. But I think I would still talk with her. Your mother needs to realize how foolish she is being. I would flat out tell her that just because she wants nothing to do with her own flesh and blood don't mean you don't want to. I would even talk to your brother if possible. Find a way to get these two supposed adults to resolve the problems they're having so that your dear neice can be apart of the family. Honestly, if this was my mother and she failed to see that she is completely wrong. I would distance myself from her. I wouldn't allow her to disappoint me anymore.





I want you to understand how important it is for you to continue being apart of your neices life. Some of my fondest childhood memories were with my uncles. I couldn't imagine not having those life experiences.Niece / family problems... i need ur help/advice?
you know, your mother really needs to realize that this is a child that you are talking about and not some adult that can control this situation, its not the 9 yr olds fault like you said, and to be honest, your mother is being very selfish, and hurtful to this little girl.


you need to tell your mother that she needs to put the problem aside when it comes to this CHILD. tell her that it is immature, and selfish, and that she needs to grow up.


im sorry that im sounding so blunt, but its just not fair to that little girl at all.
You just carry on doing what you are doing and being a loving aunt. This little girl is innocent in all this and your mom should grow up a bit and not take it out on her. Whatever problems she has with her daughter in law should be kept between the two of them. I can only imagine how hurt and upset your niece will be when she realises that Granny doesn't want to know her.





don't get caught up with your mom's issues and please don't stop playing with your niece
Tell your Mom that she needs to redirect her anger from her Grandchild to her Daughter in Law and to grow up. Then you be the great Aunt that you already are and play with that child, teach her everything you want to and have a great time cause in time... She will be your confidant and best friend.


She is lucky to have you.
ignore her don't let your mother's pettiness get in the way of you knowing your niece it's your mother's problem and not yours why should your niece loose out just coz your mother has a problem with her mother, if your mother gets upset let her don't you let her get you involved in her arguments they are her arguments and not yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment