Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family issue. basically i want your advice and opinion?

there is a certain type of cat breed i want for my birthday(i would even pay for some of it). Do you think that just because my dad's girlfriend doesn't like that cat breed he wont ge ME that kind.








by the way do you think its cute. she thinks its ugly just because it has blue eyes and a little bit of a flat face. she also thinks that tabby cats and ones like that are what cats SHOULD look like.





http://www.ragdoll.co.za/lickies_buffie_鈥?/a>Family issue. basically i want your advice and opinion?
I think they have sweet faces...I'm a maine coon cat gal myself....


..and this is YOUR birthday gift, Hon, you Dad's gf should have no say in what your kitty looks like.....





Since when are blue eyes ugly? most of my family has blue eyes (mine are gray).....nevr mind and ask for your ragdoll....Happy B.D.Family issue. basically i want your advice and opinion?
Is your dad definately getting you a cat for your birthday? I'm assuming that the girlfriend's objection to the type of cat you pictured (so cute) has only to do with asthetics, and isn't due to any sort of allergy. If that is the case then I would hope that as a gift to you your dad would chose the type of cat you want.





Does the girlfriend live with you? You might try to find out what her exact objections to the cat are. Perhaps she thinks that the longer hair on this breed will cause an abundance of unwanted cat hair. If her objections do extend beyond ';it's ugly'; then you'll be able to come up with solutions to the problems she may think there will be (ie: I know she is concerned about extra cat hair because of the length of the coat, I would be willing to pay for a cat brush/comb and commit to brushing the cat daily).





Best of luck! I hope you get the cat you want for your birthday.
it depends. Why does she dislike the breed? Is it soly based on looks or is something about the breeds personality? What kind of cat is it? I saw that it says ragdoll in the url, but being a color point it probably has some siamese in it? Is it a himalayan? If it is a ragdoll, they are very needy cats and while they are friendly and loving, if you don't have a lot of time to spend with the cat it wouldn't be a good match. If it's a himalayan, I'm not positive, but I think it is related to siamese. Siamese cats (while beautiful), have aggressive, territorial personalities. I know wouldn't have one! If your dad's girlfriend just thinks the cat is ugly, I doubt it will have a lot of bearing on the decision, but if she has reason to believe that the cat won't be a good match for your family, he very well could listen to her advice.
Maybe you need to do some research in to the breed - especially about their temperament. I know this breed well, and they are extremely mellow and loving - not like most other cats who can be aloof and nasty. When you find good information, print it and leave it somewhere your Dad can read it. Make sure you let your Dad know you really want THIS breed and that you would gladly help with the cost - then sign it with a bunch of x and o and a big ';I Love You'; - - I know all I ever had to do with my Dad was butter him up and I got whatever I wanted...... it is worth a try!
Tell your dad that the cat will be your responsibility, not hers and that she should have no say until she has the title step mother. She is not your parent and she should have no say.
That's the cutest cat I've ever seen. Tell your dad how much it means to you and show him a picture, I can't believe he won't fall in love with it by just looking at the picture.
It is so cute. However I think it is possible you want it because she don't or she don't want it because you do...








Am I right...
the cat is cute! and if you dad really loves you and care about what you want he will gets you the cat!
She's just jealous. Those cats are beautiful. Get it for yourself, then no one can *****.
they are a good breed. cats live a long time so make sure you get what you want
i don't think it just the gf.


You do realize these cats like many other were the result of several breeds to get to this point?


One of the original cats used here was the original Persian. And cats with this type of fur shed heavily and all over. You will need to vacuum the house a couple of times a week and if you have floor length curtains it's a b**ch, same with all the furniture.


If this is not done one can develope an allergy. I am a cat person and have had these breeds all my life, no one in the family had alergies, when i left home my parents kept the cat i owned for 9yrs, my mother developed an allergy to cats a yr later, she took shots till the cat died. She took my cat in 3 yrs ago, this one is siamese. I always hated them, but got attached to this underaged kitten. My mother is fine with this one, as it hasn't got as much fur as the Persian breeds.


Could be a lot of other reasons and it is very common for ppl to develope alergies to certain cats or dogs and not others. And are you mature enough to take on the responsibility of cleaning the house for yrs to come, there more to a cat than just feeding and litter. The vet bills can be very high as well, because these animals are interbred a lot therefor often develope problems especially as they get older. Plus yearly shots.
  • lipstick gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment