Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family straining on our relationship..tips/advice?

Okay so I am 17, almost 18, I plan on moving out in June, but for now I am stuck under my parents roof, Well I have to babysit my sister and brother who are 13 and 12. I babysit them like once a week, and its aggravating.





I think that they are old enough to stay home alone for the evening, but my mother doesnt think they are (yet I was babysitting at that age!)





My brother does nothing but sit on the computer, its a constant battle to get things done with him. So my boyfriend has been over alot more and he gets them to listen, but now my mother is pissed at my boyfriend for telling him what to do, my mom has not said anything to me but to my older sister about it.(my older sis doesnt live at home) .





I cant take it..I hate being home, because my parents dont do anything about it..I have talked to my mom about it once and it changed for about a week...





My boyfriend and I have fought over this several times because I have given up on it, and he thinks that I will just give up and do the same thing to our kids..I have given up trying to discipline them, what should I do?





Oh and now that I told him what my sister said he said he wont come over my house when I am babysitting then..Ugh!!Family straining on our relationship..tips/advice?
Tell your mom that until she learns to deal with how your boyfriend CONTROLS your brother, that you wont babysit.





%26amp; dont do it.





Tell her you won't do it anymore,


At first I was on your mothers side, cause its only once a week. But if your mom was mad at your boyfriend because he tells your brother what to do, then thats just stupid. If you guys are babysitting, then YOU guys are in control. your brother %26amp; mother should suck it up.Family straining on our relationship..tips/advice?
Pamper Her with Jewelry: Extra 30% off at Checkout on Select Jewelry from the Amazon.com Collection





http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8%26amp;location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeature.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26tag%3Dtophit-20%26docId%3D1000333141%26amp;tag=tophit-20%26amp;linkCode=ur2%26amp;camp=1789%26amp;creative=390957
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQw鈥?/a>
well honestly babe, im the youngest of my sisters, and im 18 and i get where you're coming from COMPLETELY. I just want to be treated like an adult for gods sake u know? but my parents think im this little girl whos absolutely clueless about everything. Im not. infact im very mature and know alot more than they do but they're just too stubborn to realise that their youngest is finally all grown up.That might be the deal (sort of) with your parents.they are unwilling to recognize the fact that you are basically an adult. so, what you need to do is, have that talk with your parents again, and say whatever you held back on saying last time. If they don't listen and things go back to being the same in a week, have that conversation again. Just don't blow up and make a scene and start fighting with your parents. They'll appreciate the fact that you are taking time to have a conversation with them. Show them that you really are an adult. As for your little brother and sister, dont give up on them. The only reason they listen to your boyfriend and not you is because they see him as an authority figure. So maybe you might need to work on how you come across when you babysit. Are you passive about things? Or do you decipline too harshly? Try talking to them more. have a conversation so they see you as a friend and less like their older sister being a prick. and just let them know whats up u know? well i hope this helps..and only a little more time b4 ur 18 and get to move out! lucky girl..wish i culd do that...
Suck it up til your 18. My neice is 14 and she always has to babysit her lil brothers and they are aweful and if she tries to disipline them SHE is the one to get in trouble. I feel bad for her, and I can see how you feel. Tell him its not your fault that theres nothing you can really do about it. Ya never know, he may have family issues that You will have to try to deal with later and he will want you around.
tell your mother that SHE is the mother not you and it should be HER raising them not YOU and since they WONT listen to you and only your boyfriend tell her that if she wants it any other way she'll grow up mature and take on the responsibility of her own children. if my mom done that i'd threaten to cease communication commencing on the day i moved out until she grew up a little. (i'm 20 now and moved out/married when i was 17)





my mother used to do the same thing with my sister.. but i told her i was tired of it and she had a choice. she could either be fair.. responsible.. and start raising her own kids rather than having one of her kids raise her other kids.. or she could risk losing her kid until she was straightened up.

No comments:

Post a Comment