Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone have idea's advice, suggestions or web sites for trying to trace family?

a success story would help. its a tough one though.


I have never met my real father, dont have any photo's or even a name I think is genuine, I believe i may have half brothers and sisters though and maybe even neices and nephews plus, my other grandfather or mother may still be alive. All i have to go on is what basic info i've been told, my father may have moved to North Wales and died of cancer when i was 16..or so i was told...thanks xDoes anyone have idea's advice, suggestions or web sites for trying to trace family?
try ancestry.com... they offer a free 5 day membership (at least they were, not sure if they still do) and have a message board you can post to with no cost. i used it several years ago after my ex husband passed away suddenly and i was trying to locate some of his family out of state. ironically, some of them finally contacted me 7 months later on the morning of the day i was getting married! i also used it, with the free 5 day membership, to do some family history researching just a couple months ago... fascinating stuff but just tangled things up more than they already were, lol.Does anyone have idea's advice, suggestions or web sites for trying to trace family?
Genes reunited is good for this. It is good for people searching for their family tree, but also their biological family. I'm sorry that you don't have a certain name - as that would help - but it's still a useful website, so have a look.





Unfortunatly, you have to pay for a full registration, I'm not sure what the limited registration has to offer, but I'm sure it's worth a try.





http://www.GenesReunited.co.uk/
geneology.com
enter your family name or a name from your ancestors that you know and search try to follow women it is much easier be careful of geneology programs unless you need a lot of spam good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment