Sunday, August 22, 2010

Advice on taking in a family member?

My cousin's parents are complete losers. Her dad (my uncle) is in and out of jail all of the time, and her mom stays out of jail but can barely keep a job. She has been moved around from shelter to shelter since she was born. She is a sophomore in high school now. She just called my mom hysterically crying because her mom's boyfriend is kicking them out and she has to go to another shelter. We would take her in, but things get a little complicated...


She has been expelled from school due to fighting.


She is in continuation school and told my mom she can't go to a real high school because she fights too much and doesn't listen to the teachers.


She has two felonies- one for fighting, one for stealing.





So my parents don't know what to do about this any suggestions?Advice on taking in a family member?
she has had trouble with fighting and stuff becauses she has never had a stable home life and thats what your parents can do i think that would be realy great of your parents if they could give her a three months trial to see if she can listen to there rules and parenting and if she can then she can stay if not she can move out but at least your parents tried i would do it for my neice i wouldnt even think about it


give her a chance she needs it


good luckAdvice on taking in a family member?
I guess a good relative would give it a try on a temp. basis, give the girl one or two chances, you or i may be like her without parents like we have or had,





trial basis, two strikes
be careful if your gonna bring them into your home..yeah they are family but with all that is going on in their lives also comes dram into your....be prepared for it...believe me I let a cousin stay with me for a while all she did was lay around he house...made excuses on why she couldn't get a job, go back to school, try to get back on her feet, then started to bring folks to my home to sleep over....just be careful they don't take advantage of you guys...cuz family most defiantly will do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment