Monday, August 23, 2010

I need advice...i have major family problems?

can anyone help me? heres the situation:





my parents are divorced and i live with my dad, who is never home because of business trips and whenever he is home, he just locks himself up in his room and then leaves to go partying and do God knows what and comes home at 2 AM...im really shy so i dont have any friends and sometimes i feel like my dad doesnt want to have the responsibility of raising me, his 15 year old daughter....i feel almost worthless...and whenever my brother visits from college, him and my dad talk to each other for hours and dont even acknowledge my presence...i feel so lonely sometimes...and just today, a modeling agency called and they want to book me for a show, but my dad is on a business trip for a week and wont be able to sign me up...i feel like i have no family ....please, any advice?I need advice...i have major family problems?
You'll either have to confront him with his behaviour and the effect it has on you, or keep it to yourself and go on living like this. These are the two rational alternatives. The third alternative can only be found by yourself, instinctively.I need advice...i have major family problems?
Your dad is just being cautious. He has had his problems with women, obviously, and does not want a bad relationship between himself and you. Instead of taking it personally, ask him if you can talk about what you need. It wouldnt be fair to say he is ignoring you if you dont put forth some teenage girl effort to explain what you want to understand: is your father ignoring you because he hates you or because he wants to give you space? Id bet he'd like to hear about your modeling deal.
Honey, my heart is breaking for you.


Man, you dad is really missing out on you.... if he only knew.





Can you tell him how you feel? It would help both of you.


You must not be a ';nobody'; if a modeling agency wants you!!!





God bless you dear. Remember, this too shall pass. One day you will be in a better environment.


I'm praying for you right now!


I have a sweet daughter who has autism. What I wouldn't give for another one who is like you....sniff...





xxoo


I wish you were my daughter.
You should email your dad this question. Or at least try to talk to your dad about this. He needs the feedback so that he can adjust his behavior.
All the advice given to you is good. I agree with them all. You are a valuable person . Good luck!
You need to talk with someone in your family like your cousin or aunt or grandmother or a trusted teacher or counselor at school and tell them exactly what you said here. Don't be ashamed of how you feel. Your father may be overwhelmed with the responsibility of taking care of you but that is NOT your fault. It has nothing to do with you. You do need to talk to someone other than your father and tell them what you are feeling so that these problems can be worked out. There are people out there that care about you, you just have to reach out to them and talk to them. It is hard to do, but you can find someone to help you if you ask them.
You are definately a special %26amp; beautiful girl. Your Dad may just be a little confused about raising a teenage daughter. He does love you because he has taken you under his roof and is struggling to make sure you are taken care of, at least with food, clothing and a home. He is also struggling to have a life as a man and a Father.





He may be afraid to smother you or control you too much, now that you are older. But that can be fixed. Just reach out to him and tell him that you need him. Tell him that you need to talk to him about some stuff and he will be there for you.





Watch and see.





God Bless you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment