Sunday, August 22, 2010

Any advice on burying a deceased family pet in the garden of a private residence?

The pet in question is a cat which has had to be put to sleep,


he was suffering from leukemia.


What I am asking for is advice on interment as regards how deep below the ground the burial hole should be dug to avoid the risk of other wildlife digging it up and the most practical way of securing the body,


my initial inclination would be wrapped in a cloth and placed in a small makeshift wooden coffin of sorts.


The latter probably being a hard thing to get hold of cheaply so


I would appreciate any help from somebody who has done this sort of thing.


Mille Grazie


MephistophelesAny advice on burying a deceased family pet in the garden of a private residence?
You don't say whether it was your pet or not? Wondering why.





And I would think a lot of how the burial was carried out, would depend on the degree of affection if any, they who are burying it felt.





If there's no emotional attachment, then a foot, maybe 1 and 1/2 would be sufficient; given that a chemical mix is applied - can't recall it's identity but can be bought at any local hardware store - which causes a speedy decomposition; and would certainly deter any animal from digging it up.





Another safe-guard, further deterrence would be to place a heavy object on the grave site.





Would offer my condolences, but don't know whether it's appropriate or not,





AlberichAny advice on burying a deceased family pet in the garden of a private residence?
I'd do something more atavistic:





The shroud, a hole (I'm guessing three to four feet is plenty deep, unless you have wild dogs about.) and no box, then filled with earth. A natural rock to mark the spot, or a flowering woody plant (rose) or shrub or tree if you wish.





Although I would not want burial or a plot for myself, I do like and believe in the poetry of the elements we are turning back to elements.





My condolences on your loss.





From e. e. cummings, perhaps not exactly quoted, but close....





';when god lets my body be


from each brave eye shall sprout a tree';





always best regards, petr
  • beauty blog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment