Monday, August 23, 2010

I need your advice! Weird in-laws! Strange family!?

Ok, my husband and I have a 1 year old daughter and we live in Ohio. All my side of the family lives in South America and my hubby has both his parents in Indiana (2 1/2 hs away from us) and his two sisters in Ohio. Our girl is my in-laws 12th grandchild. My MIL hasn't worked in decades and her only occupation are her ';clubs'; (bridge, gourmet,etc) She has babisat for my sisters in law A LOT. Even stayed in town for days/weeks at a time when they were on business trips or vacation with their husbands. Well, she has only babaysat for us ONCE since our baby was born and last friday we asked her if she could babisit in October for a week so we can go on a vacation( we haven't even gone on ONE date since our baby was born) and she said: ';We are going to Ireland'; We asked for the same in July and she said'; we are going to Alaska'; not even asking WHEN in Oct or July. she's not gonna be gone for the whole month! She hadn't seen our daughter in over 2 months until they came up last friday. They didn't even come for her 1st b-day party!!!! We made a pretty big party which was catered, had games etc and they ';had scheduled a doctor's appt THAT Friday...ooops'; All they did was send a check for $20 on an envelope. They have a house that costs 1/2 a millon dollars. They stayed in OUR home for the weekend and I asked her if she could change Isabella's diaper so I could finish the laundry and she said ';no, I changed it yesterday';. I thought she was joking, but she wasn't. She just refused. She also refused to babysit for her oldest daughter (who has eight kids) this week. Her middle daughter (who has 3 kids) has a daycare center and lives 30 min away from us. I work part time in the evenings and one or 2 afternoons a week. I take her to her house once or twice a week (the afternoons that I have to work only) and she charges us for the babysitting. She charges us the SAME amount she charges the other kids, no discounts to family members whatsoever. We take her there ecause she is still family and we don't feel comfortable taking her to a daycare center where we don't know the people who run it. Please tell me: is this weird, or what? Do any of you go through the same situation? is there any piece of advice you can give me? Should I say something? Should I stay quiet? This is all really hurting my husband and I and is going to hurt our daughter if we don't do something. I'm soooo mad and sad at the same time.I need your advice! Weird in-laws! Strange family!?
No thats not right they should be helping you and your husband out.


id say ur husband is very annoyed that they are acting this way towards you and your child.





If i were you i would not ask them to babysit again at the end of d day they are going to be missing out on their grandchilds lifeI need your advice! Weird in-laws! Strange family!?
You really need to stay in your place. You cannot make your mother in law take care of your baby. when you stated that she hadn't worked in years; what difference does that make, your not taking care of her. She has a right to live her life too. maybe she just don't care to take care of your child because your attitude is not quite what it should be.


You know if she gives no discounts to any family, then why do you think you shouldn't have to pay. Seems to me you need to take a good long look in the mirror, the problem seems to start with you.Your the one hurting your husband and driving a wedge between him and his family. eventually the wedge is gonna cause something to split and the split may be between you and your husband. Stop causing a problem because his family wont cater to you and your child. If you feel so comfortable about her taking care of your child, then she must not be all that bad to you. Stop causing problems; to often mother in laws get a bad rap from a pushy daughter in law that wants to take over the family. I've seen this done to many times Im a counselor.

No comments:

Post a Comment