Monday, August 23, 2010

ANY advice on adoptees locating biological family.... i'm giving up!?

I was adopted immediately after I was born. I was never really curious about my biological parents until I found out more about them and why I was adopted. I was the result of an affair. My mother couldn't keep me but she ended up marrying my biological father 3 years after I was born. I know I have a half sister who is 5 years older then me. I would love to know if I have any full biological siblings. My parents are very supportive of me trying to find them but the issues is I was born in Seattle. My records are sealed. I can't find out ANYTHING. No names. Nothing. Has anyone had this problem and is there ANY advice or help you can give me. I was born July 31, 1985 at Swedish Hospital. If anyone could help or give me suggestions that would be great. I feel like there is some part of me missing and I have to find it! Thanks again!ANY advice on adoptees locating biological family.... i'm giving up!?
I did a little searching online and found the records department for Washington and in the FAQ's this is what they had. If you haven't tried it I think it would be worth a try.





I was born and adopted in Washington State, how can I get my original birth certificate?


In the State of Washington, adoption records are sealed. One possibility would be to hire a ';confidential intermediary'; to assist you in your searching for your birth parents. Contact the King County Superior Court Adoption Service at 206-296-9350 for information. They are located in the King County Courthouse, 516 Third Avenue, Room W-280, Seattle, WA 98104.
  • lipstick gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment