Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sometimes i get frustrated that my friends/family don't write back to me. advice, please?

Seriously, I wish we'd have some more active communication. I'm not sure how to ask them to talk to me more and convince them of how important it is to me... When we do talk, everything is wonderful, but I want it to happen more often! I'm getting older, an adult now going to collge, and I want to have real intellectual relationships with my friends and family, not just occasional gatherings. Besides, I'm very lonely...Sometimes i get frustrated that my friends/family don't write back to me. advice, please?
I hate to say this, but you can't force your family and friends to take time out of their own personal lives if they don't believe that communication is to be taken seriously. Trust me, no matter how persistent you are to write and call, you can't make them change their habits. Everyone leads their own life and we all go our separate ways. Sometimes, no matter how much we love and miss our friend and family, we must adjust to the fact that, as we grow older, we aren't going to have the constant fellowship that we did before and that it is time to have new friends. This does not mean that they will grow to love you less or become forgetful of you, but simply that life goes on. I wish you luck with yours.Sometimes i get frustrated that my friends/family don't write back to me. advice, please?
It can be frustrating to be the party planner in your circle :) Try connecting with one person at a time..this way it doesn't have to be a huge event. Pick something simple like coffee or lunch in their neighborhood or near where they work. This is a quick way to keep up a connection without a big commitment. Works for me!





Don't let loneliness consume you either...get out and about even if it's by yourself! Alone time is good for everyone...gives you perspective. This way, you can even meet some new people that you otherwise wouldn't have met.





Good luck...have fun!
  • beauty blog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment