Sunday, August 22, 2010

Should I eat his family's umbilical cord and placenta?? Advice please I dont want to be rude!!?

My fiance has invited me over to his family's dinner to eat his newborn cousins umbilical and placenta. It is a tradition in his family to eat umbilical cords and placentas to bring you good luck. I have never eaten umbilical cord or placenta before and do not wish to try it now. He asured me not to worry because it will taste like chicken. I really love him but don't exactly know if I should go and deal with it or just find an excuse. Help please, what would you do if you were in my situation??Should I eat his family's umbilical cord and placenta?? Advice please I dont want to be rude!!?
In my opinion, the placenta does not taste like chicken. Usually, the placenta is boiled and then made into a pate with sour cream and other seasoning. It has more of a beefy tast quite unlike chicken. It's a lot better when served on Waverly crackers. Now with the cord, it can be very tough and chewy if it is not prepared properly. It is better if it is cooked in a crock pot with a broth, that way it has time to break down all the fibers and becomes nice and tender. This is where you might get confused with it tasting like chicken if they use a chicken stock or broth to prepare it. Bottom line, I would say enjoy the family tradition, bon apetite.Should I eat his family's umbilical cord and placenta?? Advice please I dont want to be rude!!?
yeah i think you shouldnt be rude and you should at least try the food first!

Report Abuse



yeah i think you should try the food first!

Report Abuse



Question for this question... (not saying she does) but what if the mother has some kind of disease? Would that not be passed along somehow? I have absolutely never heard of this in my life. And I'm about to give birth, I could never imagine this.

Report Abuse



I think this is totally ridiculous question . I mean who DOES THAT for real ! There is no way anyone would eat umbilical cords or placentas . COME ON ! GET REAL! Your questions are totally stupid !
If you don't want ot eat it (and I wouldn't) find a reason not to attend the function. Once there it may be considered rude if you refuse.
Oh my god how disgusting is that??? ewwwwww yucky nasty. Tell them to keep thier tradtion and stick it up thier asses. You dont have to anything you dont want to do,,,,its not your tradition. i wonder if god would like to know that people are eating womens afterbirth.
i personally wouldm't eat that no matter what ...if it is his families tradition - then let them eat it - but you need to be firm about not eating it to him in advance... i would try to get out of that dinner all together... if he loves you - he will understand
Eat it. It's very good. Just spread it over some white rice and dig in. lol
Lol, eat it.
I think you have too much time on your hands and you need to get a JOB or something else to do . I highly doubt you would be able to take the placenta out of the delivery room . DO you ask for a TO GO bag or something ? RIGHT ! This question borders on something a REJECT would come up with . WHATEVER! JUST STOP !
Hello, respectfully decline as this is not your custom and you don't want to start eating umbilical cords or placentas. He may respond in a negative way but he will understand your position if he loves you wants to someday spend the rest of his life with you.
Huh, okay thats there tradition, not yours. personally i would tell the family no, i dont eat anything that i dont want to
if you don't mind me asking what religion or culture does this tradition belong to? and to answer your question, just tell them i got me a lucky rabbitt's foot and no thanks.
And you want to marry into this weird family? RUN!
That's not normal where I'm from. In fact I've grown up with people from almost every nationality and never heard of that before.





I'm a little wierded out just reading it, so yeah, I think you have cause to be a little weirded out by it too.





I'd try to respectfully decline and let that know that this is not your custom and does not fit with your beliefs. In fact, I'm not certain but I think that may even be against several religious beliefs including christian, Jewish and Muslim faiths since there is the aspect of not eating blood or blood vessels since the umbilical chord is a blood vessel.
Would I??? No way. Uh-uh. No. Never. Not in a million years.
Is your fiance related to Tom Cruise?





I just reviewed you other questions. This one is about a serious a question as your others ie: cat fixed car, dog closer to sister, daughter wanting to take your umbilical cord to school. Thank goodness.
that sounds a little gross....I would respectfully say no
That is really gross, I would tell them no as politely as I could, but there is no way in hail I would be eating some womans afterbirth.
CAN YOU SAY EWWWWWW. Why are they feeding you the scraps you should demand a piece of the fetus.. and not except anything else lol!!!
Decline the invitation. Be firm and let him know that you would never like to eat such things. Stay away from him. You are not for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment