Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tonsillitis and abscess,going for em erg op,any advice very worried,not me family member.?

what can anyone on the Internet tell you to make you feel better/safer? Tonsillitis is a minor op - hardly any risks at all.. the fact that he has problems with it mixed with the abscess means that there might be breathing problems.. hence the emergency Operation.. but if they are breathing then there is no problem and they are going to the best place to get it sorted.Tonsillitis and abscess,going for em erg op,any advice very worried,not me family member.?
i had my tonsil's removed 2 years ago (I'm33) and i was in hospital for a week, it is very painful and took almost 6 weeks to fully recover, however i have not had problems with my throat since then, it will benefit your family member a great deal.


i was advised not to over stretch my neck as there is risk of internal bleeding, i did find it quite hard to swallow and the hospital advised i drank carbonated WATER to ease the food down also the bubbles help get rid of any crap that is collecting on the wound (remember it is an open wound) i took paracetamol for the pain, i could not swallow the tablets i could barley swallow my own spit so i was given bullets!!! yes i know!! i then got an infection on my tongue so i had a medicated mouth wash. you will find that menthol foods are a no no, it stings!!


i wish your family member well, remember every ones experience is differentTonsillitis and abscess,going for em erg op,any advice very worried,not me family member.?
Routine surgery. Done a bazillion times by surgeons in the 1960's. If they're abscessed they should come out before the person gags to death. Yuk.





Recovery is pretty easy, takes several days, cool beverages and ice cream help. As I recall, once the throat was healed, I craved potato chips, just to clear out the leftover skin cells and the salt felt good.





I was 3 at the time (43 years ago, hate to admit).
um, from what i can gather from ur question...





don't worry the risks are slight when having operations like this.


i had my tonsils out when i was a kid and it was fine
i had the same op when i was younger, please dont worry your relative will be alright :)
they'll be fine they'll have to eat lots of ice cream to soothe the pain (that's not a bad thing) it is a normal procedure at least they won't get it again if they have them removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment