Monday, August 23, 2010

Looking for advice to tell parents and family that I'm pregnant!?

So here's the deal. I am 5 weeks pregnant. Both my dad and my husband's dad have birthdays this week so we are wanting to tell them at their respective birthday celebrations. I always buy my dad KC Chiefs stuff, so I bought a pair of itty bitty Chiefs socks... I'm so excited.





Anyway, my question is about my sisters. They are 15 and 16, and we are fairly close for being 7 years apart in age. My prediciment is if I should tell them when I tell the rest of my family for two reasons. One, I think it would be kind of fun to try to plan something special to tell them (differently from finding out when Dad opens his present). Two, because part of me is a bit worried about them being able to keep it a secret for now as they probably don't understand how worrisome I can be at times about if the baby is going to be ok, especially since I haven't had my first doc appointment yet. But, I don't want to them to feel left out by not telling them!Looking for advice to tell parents and family that I'm pregnant!?
I have the same problem. If you are that close to your sisters I would tell them, but stress how worried you are and not to tell anyone until your first visit is over. If you are still worried tell them not to say anything until you are past the first trimester. Again stress to them that this is very important to you and you don't want everyone knowing. I hope that helped. Good Luck. and CONGRATS!!!!Looking for advice to tell parents and family that I'm pregnant!?
If you're as close with them as you say, it shouldn't be any problem with them keeping this secret of yours.
watch how Juno did it.
i think they would prob love for you to tell them first and diff.. maybe just a day or so ahead so if they do slip its not to big of a deal.. to cool congrats and have fun!!!
Sometimes its good not to tell your sisters everything, so if I was in your shoes I would wait until the party to let everyone one at the same time. Just think about if you told your sisters and they would of got mad at you for something that you said then they just may let the father's know about you. So to me do the right thing and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment