Sunday, August 22, 2010

HELP! I have PTSD and my family is unsupportive! Does anyone have advice?

My family is upsetting me badly, they know that I was diagnosed with PTSD but they don't care! As with other PTSD sufferers I struggle with depression, moodiness, and unstable emotions. My family comes down on me like I act this way on purpose! They started isolating me and verbally attacking me, they refuse to support me or give me any understanding that it's the disorder and not me. We all come from the same dysfunctional past so they understand why I have PTSD but thats about it. They don't care how I feel, my own mother refuses to visit me most of the time! I just wanted to know if anyone else with PTSD has received this type of treatment from their family and how they dealt with it.HELP! I have PTSD and my family is unsupportive! Does anyone have advice?
sweetheart,i know exactly what your going through,the only person who listens to me is my super partner,he is like a rock at my side,i see my family say once or twice if that in 6 months,you never said where you are from,but here in the uk,there are plenty off support groups,and im seeing a coucillor too,good luck to you,there is help out there,if your family are like that,keep away as they only make you feel worse......xxxHELP! I have PTSD and my family is unsupportive! Does anyone have advice?
I get the same treatment from my family. They know how abusive my ex husband was and that I suffer from PTSD and anxiety along with several auto-immine diseases. They just treat me like I am a burden and yell at me for any reason they can think of. I left the house last year and haven't gone back.

Report Abuse



I will give you a free username and password to a site that will help you reduce your symptoms. Check the site out and if you want a free password just email me. It has aready helped so many people, Dennis dennis@healptsd.com
Do you go to a therapist or pyschologist? Perhaps you can suggest and schedule a family therapist session.
I am unaware of PTSD, but quite familiar with depression. The best way is to have your doctor to talk to your family. He will be able to explain to them in more detail about your symptoms. They will be able ask important questions and the doctor(s) can provide your family on how to handle it. What's the best treatment for you. Mostly how they can help you.





God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment