Thursday, August 19, 2010

Any advice? I'm already missing my family, and I haven't left yet.?

I am going to start a job in another country soon, and I don't know when I will see my wife and kids again. They will not be able to join me for at least a year, and I am already missing them.





Is there a reason they didn't seperate marriage and divorce into two seperate categories?Any advice? I'm already missing my family, and I haven't left yet.?
Take lots of photographs, plan to speak regularly on th phone, plan to mail them things from the new country as surprises so they can find the ';fun'; side of your being gone, and remember, when you get back, it will be such a glorious reunion!


Plan to write REAL letters with storie sof what you are seeing---think of yourself as 19th century Englishman


off to a new place--India or Africa, all you write of will be new to them, newsy to the children, and they will invariably re-read the letters over and over again,


for this is what we did in WWII when my Dad was away.


He loved our letters and we his.


That special bond never diminished.


YOU can make this a great experience for everyone!


Good Luck!Any advice? I'm already missing my family, and I haven't left yet.?
I also wish yahoo would have separated marriage and divorce.





It will be very hard for u to adjust to such a huge change in your life and family dynamic.There is no way you will be able to stop missing them.To have this feeling shows how much you do love your family.To ease the feeling of loneliness while you are oversees have a scrapbook of family memories,lots of pictures and already planned dates when u will come back to visit or your family will come to visit u.


Hope this helps and good luck.
Hey - I was wondering about the ';Marriage and Divorce: thing myself! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one.





As for the bigger issue, I wish I had the magic wand and could suggest something. I assume (because you're concerned enough to ask this) that you're really involved in the kids' lives. If that's the case, you need to make sure that continues. Use whatever method works. I have a friend who was working half way across the world but he made a promise to the kids to call every night at the same time. He really listened when they talked and also communicated with e-mail. He made sure that he took his vacations when they were available and really tried to be there for important things (like the class play and baseball finals). He said it was almost impossible, but he forced himself to do whatever it took.





He had the ?advantage? of being divorced so he didn't have to also try to keep a relationship going.





I understand - sometimes you think it is the only way to make things better for your family, but it is so hard on kids and wives. Not to criticize, but are you sure that there is no other way???
Find a good bible based church,they can be your family.I know its not the same but it helps.This is from a family of military background,so i understand.Hang in there be faithful,persavear.be a serviver.you can do this.
The fact is, you know the time span wherein you will be separated from your wife %26amp; kids.A year is not a long time since the breakthrough of modern technology in communications.We have the emails, IM, and most of all, our mobile phones. I do felt the same thing you are currently feeling right now coz I am working in a different country right now. Just remember that we are leaving them not because of some personal reasons that we wanted but the real reason that we are leaving them to work for their bright future.,for the future of our own family. Theres a saying that ';The road to success is always crooked';..Just think of it this way, theres no perfect life and we all have to make some sacrifices for the good of our family.. hope this helps...
  • beauty blog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment