Monday, August 23, 2010

Boyfriend or family? Big dilemma. I need advice!!?

I don't think that this question needs an answer because it's obvious that everyone would say family but I have quite a problem. I'm graduating this year and my boyfriend wants me to go study university with him in London. My mom told me that she would like me to stay with her for a year and study here and then for my second year of university I can move out, go live and study with my boyfriend.





The problem is that he's got one more year of high school and by the time he graduates I'm going to be 2nd year in uni. Everything sounds great and well planned but my boyfriend keeps on saying how if I don't move in with him this summer (June 2009) that one more year is going to totally tear us apart because we have a long distance relationship and so on.. and the thing is that I don't know what to do.


My parents say that I HAVE to stay one year with them and then travel but my bf doesn't agree and he's acting really selfish and keeps on convincing me he's right. I do agree with him for some things but I also agree with my mom and dad. I know that my parents love me and I know that my boyfriend loves me, but I can't choose. I don't want to have to choose. And I really don't know what I want because I don't know what will make me happy.


Boyfriend or family? Big dilemma. I need advice!!?
Okay, I'm going to say family as you've guessed, but I have my reasons.





I don't think your boyfriend should 'threaten' you like that! If he truly believes you guys were meant for each other than a year wont make a difference!


Stay for your parents because they have their own reasons for wanting you to stay. Plus, I'm assuming they're the ones paying for your school? It would be rude to not listen and make them pay for you!





Also, you may eventually break up with your boyfriend regardless if you go to London with him rightaway. Your parents will always be there for you.Boyfriend or family? Big dilemma. I need advice!!?
Do your thing. There will be other guys. He obviously can't wait and he's intimidated by your intelligence.
Long distance relationships sometimes make the heart grow fonder. He's using that as an excuse to have a live-in bed mate.





Sorry sweetie, that's how I see it.
talk to somebody
both sides are selfish. why cant you have own decision?


stop following other people.
TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do what your parents are asking. I think the reason why they may want you to stay there another year is to see if your relationship can survive you two being apart. As you may know%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;many relationships end when kids go off to collage. SO%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;if you guys really love each other, then you can wait the year and see how things go. LISTEN%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;your young. The chances are very small that you'll end up with this guy as your husband. I know you don't want to hear that%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;BUT IT'S TRUE!!! Believe me%26gt;%26gt; I was young once too. Do you know how many times I THOUGHT I was in love??? Listen to your parents. Believe me%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;their right.
I think your boyfriend and your parents are being selfish,to be honest. This should be YOUR decision, not theirs. Your parents shouldn't be forcing you to say. And your boyfriend shouldn't tell you that a year apart will destroy the relationship, because if he truly loved you he would wait for you to come if what you really wanted was to stay with your family for a year. Do what makes you happy and makes the most sense for you. Don't let other people influence your decision because if they love you they will be there for you no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment