Sunday, August 22, 2010

Need advice about mainting control at family reunion.....?

I hate my dad's side of the family. I have an aunt who took back her husband after touching their daughter inappropriately. Her older daughter stole my father's car several years back and I always wanted to confront her on it. (I'm out of state).


All my aunts are money hungry gold diggers. Never wanted anything to do with them. They never liked me because I am biracial. They are racists.


Now my father invited me to go to a family reunion in the Philippines this coming summer and of course I am going but how would you handle being around the people you feel like bi*tch slapping? GRRRNeed advice about mainting control at family reunion.....?
Go to the Philippines, but not to the reunion. If your dad asks why tell him. And for God sakes, don't let your children around the molester.Need advice about mainting control at family reunion.....?
I'd tell your dad that you and your kids would love to go with him, but not during the actual family reunion. Go right before it, show up right after it, but don't attend the actual reunion.





I don't see any reason why you need to hang around people that hate you and you hate them back - family or not. Much less expose your kids to all of that. Visit the land of your heritage - forget the relatives.
';...of course I am going..';





Can I ask why? If it's going to be full of people that you don't like, and who don't like you, why go?





Edit- There you go: For your children's sake, you swallow your pride, be nice no matter what the others do, and spend as little time as you have to around them.
Why would you bring your kids into that?? Perhaps, since you want to take the trip, go but dont go to the reunion. Sometimes. kids are better off NOT being with family.
kindly bow out,don't make a big deal out of it. not everybody feels the same as u do. k?
Oh dear - I don't know. I probably wouldn't go. But if you feel you have to, then take up smoking or something so you can have an excuse to leave the house or wherever it is, every so often.





LOL, no, I don't really think you should take up smoking, but you could pretend you have just to get away from them all.





I'd probably get drunk as well as smoke, so I'm a bad role model - but honestly, I don't know what I'd do in your shoes.





But you say it's in the Philippines - is it right in Manilla or somewhere more rural? From what I know of the Philippines, people are quite religious so there must be lots of churches - perhaps if there is one near the reunion, you could slope off there and have some quiet meditative time to yourself when things get tough.
Don't let them get a rise out of you or allow them to make you lose control. You are better than that! Also, a family reunion is not the time nor the place for you to be confronting people on stuff that happened years ago. LET IT GO! It wasn't your car and it's not your fight.





Go and try to go into it within open heart and mind. Don't start anything and just try to enjoy yourself. Try to avoid them while you're at the reunion and hang with the family members you get along with. You will have a much better time if you try to avoid the drama rather than indulging in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment