Sunday, August 22, 2010

Any advice for trying to re-establish contact with my family members?

A couple years ago, something happened and they no longer agreed with what I said or did so all communication was dropped (my father included). What advice do you fellow Yahoo! Answers users have? I'm in the process of locating everyone's email address and mailing address, because I don't feel comfortable calling them up long distance on the phone.Any advice for trying to re-establish contact with my family members?
It's pretty narrow minded of a family to sever communication with a family member just because they disagree with you. I think maybe a casual e-mail that just said, ';Thinking of you and hoping this finds everyone well'; would be good. That is the initial contact after all this time and it gives them your e-mail address and the choice of whether they'd like to re-open lines of communication with you. You'd have made the first move; the next one would be up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment