Saturday, July 31, 2010

Boyfriend or family? Big dilemma. I NEED ADVICE!!?

I don't think that this question needs an answer because it's obvious that everyone would say family but I have quite a problem. I'm graduating this year and my boyfriend wants me to go study university with him in London. My mom told me that she would like me to stay with her for a year and study here and then for my second year of university I can move out, go live and study with my boyfriend.





The problem is that he's got one more year of high school and by the time he graduates I'm going to be 2nd year in uni. Everything sounds great and well planned but my boyfriend keeps on saying how if I don't move in with him this summer (June 2009) that one more year is going to totally tear us apart because we have a long distance relationship and so on.. and the thing is that I don't know what to do.


My parents say that I HAVE to stay one year with them and then travel but my bf doesn't agree and he's acting really selfish and keeps on convincing me he's right. I do agree with him for some things but I also agree with my mom and dad. I know that my parents love me and I know that my boyfriend loves me, but I can't choose. I don't want to have to choose. And I really don't know what I want because I don't know what will make me happy.Boyfriend or family? Big dilemma. I NEED ADVICE!!?
Well, you don't have a choice. You already said you HAVE to stay with your parents. If your relationship cannot stand the test of time over a year then it wasn't much to begin with. It will be hard but it's only a year. And think of how much you will have to look forward to throughout that year and how exciting it will be to finally be with your boyfriend! Good things come to those who wait. And it's true. Distance really does make the heart grow fonder.Boyfriend or family? Big dilemma. I NEED ADVICE!!?
At the beginning of the question I thought boyfriend, because how often do you get a chance like that. If you put it off a year you might never do it. The more I read I thought wow he is childish so your parents make some sense to me, however I still think you should do it but don't live with him I would ditch him live on your own or find a roommate. You only get one chance make the most of it.
ur boyfriend is just being selfish, i'd say go for family, i mean, its not like they don't want you to go at all, just to spend one more year with them, if ur boyfriend is so sure that just one year will tear u apart, then it shows exactly how strong ur relationship is, doesn't it? sounds like a high school kid that still needs a little time to mature
first u need to decide what u want out of life


what u'll choose and what is going to make u happy


u decide whether u stay or go


stop listening to ur parents and boyfriend


they're totally pressuring u and not giving u the chance to decide what u want.


its ur choice and if ur boyfriend really loves u and u decide to stay home


he should respect and understand ur desicion and he'll wait for u


if he can't and is making up excuses then u can find some better that will love and respect u ur desicions and the choice u take and what u want
You need to do what you want, not what everyone else wants. You need to take the time to think this over and which one will benefit you the most. I will say family will always be there for you whereas this guy may not be. A year apart may do you good, if you truly love each other a year apart should not hurt anything, just make your love stronger
its really your choice but yr family have been there from the moment you were born, and your boyfriend quite frankly hasn't. you should do what you think is right deep down. im not sure why he would pressure you into making a decision anyway. on the other hand, your parents cant tell you what to do at yr age!
who cares, it jus one guy tell him 2 f*ck off, hes not worth ruining the relationship wit ur family, besides london sucks and its 2 expensive
go with him youve lived with yuor family all your life go get him
bf
I don't think it's right that he's pressuring you and emotionally blackmailing you


obviously you're conflicted between these two units of love and their wishes and desires


i think that your parents have a good compromise


but at the end it's all up to you


what do you in your deepest heart of hearts want to do right now?


maybe you don't want either option! maybe you'd rather travel around europe for a year or go study in mexico or spain or thailand. don't limit yourself


i always hated those people who followed their boyfriends/girlfriends to uni for the hell of it.


i love my boyfriend more than anything but i'm not willing to stifle his or my dreams for anything.


you're young and you have a lot of living to do. so do it. your relationship with everyone will be stronger for it. and you won't end up resenting anyone at the end of it.
You should not pick what your bf or your parents want. You shuold pick what YOU want. If you are about to enter college then you aqre 18. You are a legal adult. If you want to move to London, that is your choice, if you want to stay where you are, that is your choice. Do what is best for you. If you really want to be with your boyfriend then do that. If you want to stay home do that, honeslty, one year will not kill either of you and if you really love each other you will make it work. Most important, listen to what you heart is tleling you. I tried to please my parents about a relationship once, and i fell sad because i didnt do what i wanted. Do what YOU feel is right for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment