Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can somebody give me advice about my new family addition?

I have a 4 month old female chipoo who's been with me for about a month. She is so cute and I love her to death but she seems overly attached to me. She follows me all around the house and crys if I am not holding her. She seems disinterested in my young children, who are actually who I bought the puppy for. She runs from them...wont play with them...she doesnt seem to really like them very much. They are gentle children ages 7 and 12, but I dont understand why she does not seem to care much for them. Will she grow out of this and be the puppy they have been waiting for? Or will she continue to only worship the ground I walk on? She acts as if she cant breathe without me....I need her lil butt to love the whole family and give me a lil space....lol. Is this normal...what can I do about this? Help.Can somebody give me advice about my new family addition?
Hmmm..





Well, I'm not a puppy or dog expert or anything but..





What did you do to get the chipoo so attached to you? What did the kids didn't do? Are you the one who fed her? Took care of her? Did the kids not do anything at all?Can somebody give me advice about my new family addition?
Ooh thats a difficult situation. Get the kids to feed her instead of you for a start, this shows dogs who their pack or master is. Lock yourself away from her or lock her in a room with the kids. Mabye she has had bad experience with kids before and is scared of them? In which case she needs to get used to them. The only thing you can really do is have to be mean to her, well not mean necessarily, but ignore her, so she has to go somewhere else (the kids!) to get some attention. She sounds cute but you will have to ignore her for a few weeks I think. Obviously she doesn't like the kids - but she doesn't need to if she is getting the attention from somewhere else (you) so you will have to cut off that supply, which will feel mean, but is necessary, in order to forge a relationship with the children and the puppy.





Good luck with your puppy! Sounds gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment