Thursday, July 29, 2010

Moving, getting married? Need some advice handling leaving the family?

Tomorrow morning I'm flying across the country to a state I wanted to live in for years actually. I'm getting married to my fiance who is stationed there in the army. We're having a court wedding.





Well his family lives in Florida and mine lives in Michigan... :sigh: It's just all very emotional for me because I've never moved out! I'm very close to my family and my little brother especially.


I love my fiance very much and he really is one in a million for me. I've been through so much and he's filled those empty spaces in my heart within days of knowing him. If I don't do this, I know I'll make a very big mistake. Everyone I know agrees with that too even though they don't want me to go.





I just need advice on how to handle seeing my family every so often, not everyday like I do now? He went through the same thing with going into the army, so it helps... but I don't know. I haven't cried about it lately, I've gotten much better. I need to be happy, my whole family is very happy for me and my friends. Its just leaving them.


Help?Moving, getting married? Need some advice handling leaving the family?
That's what marriage is...starting your own family. And while you may be sad to leave the one you were raised in, think of this as you and him forming your own family unit. And you can always go visit your family. It's not like they're on Mars! Congrats! Enjoy your brand spankin' new husband and life!Moving, getting married? Need some advice handling leaving the family?
You will get homesick, although with your new life awaiting you, there will be much to do and you will be busy as well, which will keep your mind off of things at home.





Get someone in the family a cell phone that's on the same network, so you can call anytime and talk to anyone in your family . That may help you out some too.





Good Luck
You'll be fine! If you say he filled the heart and void, then the friends must not have been there for you, family either.





I lived in MI and many people would run to FL on their days off, so your not that far.
Just try to focus on your new life with your husband...still keep in contact with your family everyday untill it gets easier. Keep yourself busy so you wont be sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment