Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need divorce advice. I already am the sole provider for our family...if we divorce will I be paying more than?

I am currently having to pay? For example...


My wife does not work (or so little that it really does not count ie less than $200/week). If we get divorced will I really notice a big difference in my finances since I am already paying for everything from food to insurance to house payment etc. ? Or will I perhaps actually be paying less because I will only be paying a set amount for child support? Live in Texas and don't think there is spousal support since she is actually capable of working...just had decided (on her own) that she would stay home and raise our kiddo. (Because the thought of daycare was so horrible for her to consider...ugh.) Please only factual answers. Thanks in advance.Need divorce advice. I already am the sole provider for our family...if we divorce will I be paying more than?
I would guess that you would be paying less than you are now because you are not going to be paying for her food, shopping expeditions, etc., only a set amount for child support. And as far as I know, you will not pay alimony, from what I understand if a woman is able to work and refuses, the judge will not give it to her, and if she's working, she doesn't need it. If you pay an extra amount of health insurance for your family, it might go down, it might not, depending on if you are getting charged one amount for ';family'; or a set amount for each person on your insurance, but I believe you are required to have insurance for the kid if it is offered to you at work. If you two end up living far apart, like if she moves out of town, you may be required to pay half the expense of the kid travelling to meet you for visitation, or to meet her for visitation, depending on who has custody. I'm not sure if you will have to pay the house payment if you're not living there, or if the child support payment includes your share of all living expenses for the kid, and she picking up the rest, even if it means her moving if she can't afford the house. The amount you put out per month may be a wash. You'll just have to figure that out as you go along.Need divorce advice. I already am the sole provider for our family...if we divorce will I be paying more than?
Hi! i found this article in the net





How Divorce Will Affect My Financial Condition;


http://www.badcreditresources.com/articl鈥?/a>





I hope this will be helpful to you.
Hopefully you will not be getting a divorce just because of financial considerations.





However, remember that you will probably have to give your wife half of all your assets and share debts...that can work for or against you. Your wife would have to go to work to support herself because even if she received spousal support it would not be enough to live on completely. Then whatever child support is agreed upon by you two or the court if you can't agree. Now factor in all you living expenses and you have an idea of what it takes.
You will probably wind up in a worse financial situation. First, Texas is an equitable distribution state so she may get more than half of your marital assets. Second, if she decides to fight with you, your legal fees during the divorce can be quite large ($10K-$100K). Child support is calculated based on your income in Texas - 20% for one child, 25% for two, etc. Alimony in Texas is only for marriages of ten or more years and is limited to three years. Check on-line resources - there is a bunch of information out there.





Also consider - if she has custody of the children you will still have the expense of providing a place for your child during visits and incur some expenses during those visits. For me, the average out-of-pocket expenses for my children who visit runs about $2,500/child (on top of support). Also, you'll have the inconvenience of visitation and the complication of dating as well as the complication of remarriage with kids.





Your best case is - if you can works things out, do so.





I'm no expert - please check all the information I've mentioned.
';Or will I perhaps actually be paying less because I will only be paying a set amount for child support?'; That is only if that is all that is in the court order for you to pay. You may be required to maintain health insurance for your children. You may have to pay for day care. My may have to provide financing for all school supplies. If she gets the house in the divorce you may be required to pay the mortgage or at least half of it. And there may also be spousal support until your wife can find something that will support herself. Don't make any plans to spend what you THINK you'll have extra. Or as a very smart person once said ';Don't count your chickens until they are hatched';
  • ink cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment