Saturday, July 31, 2010

Family Problems: Somebody give me advice?

I'm 16 years old and my brother is 12 years old. However, he's just as tall as me, and he's pretty strong. But not as strong as me. Plus, he's annoying as hell. Freaking annoying. Anyway, I'm always the one blamed and taking the punishment whenever we get into the fight..


Our computers are like right next to each other so we are always in the same room. My mom drops by as he is on his computer..playing video games.. and says he's gotta do his homework. A few minutes later, he is still on the computer. I go up to hi, put my arm around his shoulder and say Go do your hw. He replies, I don't have any. I know he's lying so Then I say, if I see you doing any homework, then your DS belongs to me Then I pick up his DS and he starts yelling and punching me. I just cna't stand there and get beat up, so I punch him back. He gets a bloodynose %26amp; he runs away. Wasn't even that hard of a punch, plus he gets bloody noses all the time My dad comes and grounds me. So unfair. What should I do?Family Problems: Somebody give me advice?
don't punch him?Family Problems: Somebody give me advice?
well i can kind of sympathize with you...i have two brothers and we are all close in age...so things got blamed on me alot because i was the oldest..really all you should do is worry about you...take care of what you need to..if he isnt doing his homework it will reflect on him because he will have to bring those grades home not you...it is not your responsiblity to play parent..you have parents for that...and at the age of 12 everyone is annoying so that is something you will just have to muddle through..my brothers would fight all the time when they were yalls age as well as with me (now we are 26-25-23)...so before you start stressing and trying to put him in his 12 year old place..remember it was only four years ago you were that age...so take care of you and dont let what he does bother you..
Move your computor away, and mind your own business. It's not your problem that he's a messed up kid. Just ignore him.





Either that or you could tell on him before he tells on you. Just cuz you're older, doesn't mean you can handle anything that has to do with him.
stay out of his business. it isn't your place to tell him what to do so leave him alone.
Ah ha sounds like my brothers!
You know you need to leave him alone and let him get into trouble with your parents all on his own. Someday that age difference isn't going to mean anything.
Well, you were wrong too. You shouldn't have said it to him and hit him. Younger siblings tend to be more spoilt and immature, so naturally, they're annoying. From now on, just do your stuff and ignore him as much as you can. If you get instruction from your mum to monitor on him, just do your part of telling him to it. Even if he lies to you, it's his loss, because he will be the one in trouble if he doesn't do his homework. You did your part.
Stay out of it and don't be his parent. Just let your parents do the parenting. I know you are trying to help but it seems like it is making it harder for you and him. If you know he has homework but lies about it, then tell your parents that you think he is lying about his homework, but pull them aside when he is not around. Your parents are probably getting mad cause you got involved and did it your way, they are the parents, so just let them handle it! Someday you will have their job!
Let your parents do the discipline. It's not your responsibility. If they are going to punish you for trying to help your brother, then don't do it.





Your brother is old enough to take responsibility for himself and his homework. If he doesn't.....it's not your fault.





I know you are just trying to help him, but sometimes people have to learn the hard way. I would appreciate you trying to help...but evidently your parents want to do the discipline themselves so let them.
I know for a fact, nobody likes to be told what to do from their siblings. Hell, we don't even like it when our parents tell us what to do! I know it is hard to keep entirely out of his way, but you can control what you do. If your done with your homework, then go somewhere else. Don't bother yourself with what your brother is doing. Let him screw up! Let your parents deal with it! All you can do is do what is expected of you, and mind your own business. I know it sucks watching him get away with stuff, but I know for a fact everything catches up to you sooner or later. Don't you guys have your own room? He may never get it, but as long as you do what you need then you don't need to worry about him. Two more years and you can move out!
Your brother probably feels like you are trying to boss him around. So he gets rebellious and doesn't listen to you. You should let your mom catch him not doing what he's supposed to and she will take care of him. You are the oldest, so you fighting with your brother means that you are automatically responsible. You should know better. At least that's what I was always told since I am the oldest. LOL Your brother doesn't recognize you as someone who has authority over him, so he doesn't listen. But, if you told on him, he will just get angry with you. So you should talk to him and not tell him what to do, but try to help him. Instead of saying ';Go do your homework.';, try saying ';If you want help with your homework, I can help you.';. This will help you two get along better and your parents happier. : )
DONT GET INVOLVED%26gt; let ur parents deal with it. just do wat ur parents tell u to do. he will eventually learn set a GOOD EXAMPLE FOR HIM
why is it your business if he does his homework or not? Sounds like you stuck your nose where it didn't belong.
stop policing your brother, it's not your job....let your Mom and Dad be Mom and Dad.
Dont punch him and don't tell him to do his homework and do u really want his DS anyway? If you dont ask him to do his homework u wont get into a fight. just ignore him, it will annoy him more anyway. Also if he doesnt do his homework, only he will suffer not you. He won't get the grades, then u can laugh and that will be worse than any punch in the nose! Just ignore him and you'll be less stressed and won't get into trouble!
punch him on the arm instead or make him look stupid in front of his friends every time he does that ... BLACKMAIL! blackmails awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment