Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I need your advice, I have a family member who I am very concerned with her health and don' t know how to tell

her this. She is 54 years old, and has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and has developed diabetes and also asthma. She takes medications for all of these and also more I believe. I'm very concerned for her because at the doctor she was told she has an enlarged heart, which I know can lead to heart attack, stroke, or coronary heart disease. She does exercise but not everyday and at a slower pace, and must watch her sodium and sugar intake as well. I'm not sure but do not think her diet is ideal for a person of her health. She is not excessively over weight but could stand to loose 20 lbs. What can I do to help her see what she is doing to herself,when she doesn't really listen to her family to change her ways and is unwilling to change her lifestyle to better her health? I have talked to her before about my concerns but they were dismissed as ';we all have to go someday';. Help!I need your advice, I have a family member who I am very concerned with her health and don' t know how to tell
If you are concerned just take them aside and tell them the truth you never know they may take it to heart and realize a mistake with their health.I need your advice, I have a family member who I am very concerned with her health and don' t know how to tell
In all actuality........Not much you can do if she doesn't want to help herself. Sometimes the more you harp on them they more they rebel. If she is being treated for all of these conditions you can be assured her physicians have warned her of the complications and possible results if she doesn't take care of herself. Continue to support her.......but in the end it is actually her choice.
There are nurses that can come to help at a house, no i'm not saying a nursing home, but i'd see a profesional, maybe get her to a psychiatrist, its better for someone to be alive, then to be disliked, she can get over it if shes alive, if shes dead than well shes not there. I would prefer being alive, then being disliked.
You can ask her doctor for advice. You can sit her down and say, ';I love you, I want you to live longer.'; You can show her a website like ';Realage.com'; where it figure out how old you are according to what is wrong with your diet.





Or you can just say, ';Hey, let's go for a walk'; every day, and help fix meals that are healthy.
You have given her your advice and still remained as she is,well the thing is she is far to old to change and is futile to tell her cause the manners are well in bedded in her and there fore as long she take her medicine she will be alright, do not tell her nothing just let her live her own life and let her take advice from her doctor
she don`t use rice alot just 6 spoons,very important to BP %26amp;diabet control.exercise 20Min every day but not heavy is useful,yougert is very good for BP

No comments:

Post a Comment