Thursday, July 29, 2010

Would anyone care to advice me on a difficult family situation?

A month ago I was visiting my sister who’s 35, I’m 24, in France (I live in England). Just as we were walking towards the car on the way back from the park with her two daughters who are 2 and 5 years old, she put her youngest daughter in the car first (pavement side) which I then commented was n't practical because that meant the 5 year old had to then get inside on the road side of the car but she ignored my comment and just as I was walking with my older niece to the other side of the car my sister went crazy and yelled at her daughter for ';obstructing my path'; so I could n’t get into the car first and then my sister grabbed her by the arm and then grabbed ME by the arm, hurting me and (probably not intentionally)pinching my skin at the same time and then asked me to get into the car first.My sister blamed her daughter for not letting me get inside the car first and standing on the road side of the car (even though I don't think she did anything wrong) and I don't get her reaction..Would anyone care to advice me on a difficult family situation?
It certainly sounds like your sister has some serious issues because that kind of behavior is not normal . I wouldn't mince words regarding this , just tell her she was way overstepping her bounds in treating you in this fashion and that you expect the same respect you've given her and that behavior will not be tolerated , that being said it's then up to her how she handles it . She's clearly in the wrong and I feel badly for you . It's a shame how she would be so callous to the children also , it sounds like she must be very miserable to treat family in this manner. If you wish to soften your response tell her how much she hurt your feelings by treating you in such a manner and it was wrong of her to do so. I would ask why she felt it OK to treat you in such a manner also . Perhaps you can speak with another family member in regards to this also . I would do no more than attempt to remain civil with her in the future without anymore overtures if she can't or won't apologize for this behavior. Good luck to you , don't let her spoil your Christmas by worrying yourself too much over it.Would anyone care to advice me on a difficult family situation?
U SHOULD CONTACT CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY
Hey honey, she is your sister, and you seem to have a good relationship so talk to her. Be calm explain the situation. Maybe something is going on in her life that you are not aware of. Ask her and just listen and offer your help anytime.





Whatever she says in response to your little discussion - give her a hug in the end and say thanks for talking to you and you love her.
she was obviously stressed out and she probally wanted her kids to show you respect by allowing you to get in first, I get all worked up when we're around the family cause I want the kids to behave and I want the adults to think I'm in control . . and that our children are little repectful angels . . when in reality they are just heathens . . Talk to your sister . . be open not judgemental with her she probally just wanted you to think her kids were angels too.
That's kind of an odd reaction. Maybe she was having an off day. It couldn't hurt to ask why she acted the way she did. I don't get it, but talk to her.
She is obviously being unreasonable. It is a hard situation for you but what worries me most is the effect on her oldest daughter who could be being bullied regulary by your sister. Is their anyone in your family who she can relate to well and who might get through to her? Her behaviour may be a one-off, but I doubt it. Dr Phil has a website. Maybe he or his people could help.
I don't see what is the BIG DEAL??? the oldest girl could have gotten into the rear through the pavement side and then her mother could have sat the young one.


Also, the oldest girl could have waited for instructions.


You could have also put the oldest girl in her seat, buckle her up and closed the door before getting in your seat.


Mom may have been thinking of her well being when she went behind you unsupervised to fend for herself.
need help go on www.freewebs.com/agonyauntforgirls
ask her why she reacted the way she did is there a problem that she would like to talk about is she lonely or depressed since she has moved to France

No comments:

Post a Comment