Saturday, July 31, 2010

F*cked up family situation? i need good advice plz read?

ok so im a college student doin the roomate thing..


well my stepdad was supposed to send me money for rent the 15 but he didnt have it


well anyways he called me and told me he talked to the owners of the house and told em he would pay him tomorrow morning...


well then he calls me and tells me that and then he gives the phone to my mom.. and shes like how much did he send u?


i was like what do u mean.. and shes like oo he told me he sent u money for rent.. well my stepdad does that lie all the time lying to my mom tellin her he sent me money when he really sends me money all late and not the ammount he claims..


well i ddint wanna cause any problems and i said,, well he sent me money only for rent.. and she goes like? oh he lied to me he told me he send u more than that and then i was like well he said tomorrow.. and shes oo ok..


so my stepdad calls me back sayin this word: ';you ';f.*ck*d'; me really good'; and he hung up..


and i mean is it my fault he didnt tell me he lied to her


i dont care backin up his lies im used to it i cant expect nothin much from him but he didnt even freekin tell me! and hes trying to bring me down for things that arent my fault.. i been crying for an hour im tired of he f*cking using me.. idk what to do idk if hes gonna send me money tomorrow i dont wanna get kicked out..


i dont wanna talk out things cuz that would only cause more fights and have them break up.. so i just wanna dissapear outta my familys sight and start a new lifeF*cked up family situation? i need good advice plz read?
First things first.





You must acknowledge that your stepdad is not to be trusted or relied upon. Everything interaction that you have with him from this point forward MUST be grounded in that knowledge. That isn't to say that you can't LIKE him, or hang out with him - but just like you have friends that you wouldn't borrow $20 to because you would never get it back, you have to admit that he has a problem. You don't have to tell him that you're going to do it. (Just like you probably wouldn't tell your friend the real reason you won't borrow them cash.)





Your stepdad is childish. Blaming you for his own problems is ridiculous, and you should not for one single second feel BAD about it. I know it's human nature to feel yucky whenever something bad happens when we're involved - but it's not your fault. I'm sure it never has been. He's a skeez. And if he hasn't grown out of it, he deserves to ';get f*ed really good';.





Make this not your problem - get your stepdad to give your mother the money. Your mother can then send the money to you. I'm sure your mother has more influence over him than you do at this point.





You don't need poisonous relationships like this in your life, especially as you try to start your new life as a college student.





You should also maybe consider getting a part time job, just in case things fall through, and you need some rent money.





Things aren't as bad as they feel right now - you're doing some great stuff by being in college! :)





Good luck!F*cked up family situation? i need good advice plz read?
get a job
I'm sorry, college is stressful enough without having to worry how you are going to pay the rent. Honestly, in this situation the best thing to do might be to tell your mom that you feel guilty getting money from your stepfather/uncomfortable/whatever, and that you don't want him to know, but would it be possible for her to send it from now on? Ideally, you would cut him out of the situation and just get her to send the money so you'd have less stress. In a perfect world, you'd explain the whole situation and you'd all talk and hug it out, but in a non-ideal world that might be easiest.





Also, explaining exactly what is going on to her would work well. Either way I wouldn't confront your stepfather directly, he sounds like a fairly dishonest man.





I hope things get better for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment