Thursday, July 29, 2010

How do I turn down annoying and unwanted advice from friends and family?

I am a college grad. I majored in Culinary Arts, yet I still work in fast food. But I'm ok with that. I'm pretty burnt out on cooking and the hours suck. So I enjoy my easy job as a cashier. Everytime I talk to anyone about work etc. They always say the same thing ';You found a good job yet?'; I'm doing just fine money wise so I dont really know what the problem is. It feels like they're just putting me down. I know they are just trying to help, but it only makes me feel worse. What can I say to them to make them realize that I'm happy with my current job?How do I turn down annoying and unwanted advice from friends and family?
Well... are you actually happy with your job?





Maybe you're just mad that they keep suggesting to get a new job even though maybe you really want one?





I doubt you want to be a cashier the rest of your life.





That aside.





Just tell them that you're ';in-transition'; and that the money is fine and at the current time you're happy with what you have. Say that you have considered switching jobs but not at this time.





Some people may be putting you down on purpose, but others may not be able to understand that you're current job actually fits your finances and that you're fine with it.





Are some of those people not married? If you want to be an asshole, next time they ask, ';You found a new job yet?'; counter with, ';Are you married yet?'; If they get offended say, ';See? You didn't like when I said that, did you? So please stop 'offering' me advice to switch my job when I'm really satisfied.





:) Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment