Thursday, July 29, 2010

Family problems. Would like some advice?

OK well first off, I am a 15 year old. I am a guy and my parents are divorced and i live with my mom. I hate my mom for many reasons but I live with her because I love the city I live in and have many great friends. My dad lives away from where i live and i dont know anybody in the city he lives in. Now my mom has a problem with me for some reason and thinks i am involved with drugs (which I am not). SO, therefore, she is going to kick me out and send me to live with my dad. I dont know what to do because it doesnt seem like i have any say in this but i would really like to continue living in that city with my friends and not have to switch high schools. So i guess my question is has anyone else gone through something like this? and is it easy or hard to make new friends in sophmore year? Or if you have any other things that might help me, please tell me. I am pretty confused right now and your help would be very welcome.Family problems. Would like some advice?
First of all it is very hard to hear you say you hate your mom so that's where I will begin. The fact that you feel you hate your mom is probably what is causing most of the problems between the two of you. You must figure out why you feel this way and what can be changed in your home to improve the relationship between the two of you. If your feeling this way because she and your dad is no longer together, than tha's not fair, You may not understand it now but that is an adult thing and you should never judge one parent or even both parents for seperating. The reasons adults seperate is because they feel they need to in order to be happy and that is the ultimate goal in life for everyone. If you decide to go to Dad's, just like you made friends there, you will make friends in the other town. About the drug thing, you can call 1411 and ask for a free drug testing site, go there and take the drug test and bring the results to mom. If she feels you are on drugs, she has a reason so clear it up for her. Now, another thing. you must decide if living with dad and making new friends is more important than living with mom and changing the relationship to one that is bearable or just grining your teeth and staying with mom so you wont have to lose your friends. You are 15 which means you are not grown but you are not a baby either and you are old enough to make the decision of where you want to live and also what is more important in your life ';today';.Family problems. Would like some advice?
Well, ya , I agree with Rita I, do drug test and show to your mom that you're clean. Also, show her that you love her. I don't know the reason why you hate your mom, but believe me, I dont think that living with your father is a better than living in your mom. Especially that you already had a great friends now.


But, I'm sure that you can make friends easily as soon as you enroll in new school. So, decision is yours, but if I were you, I prefer to stay at my current city.
wow thats bad.


take some drug tests and prove to your mom that theres nothing up!


if not, go in to the new school with confidence and try to be as open as possible.


im in a similar boat. i have to switch schools junior year because my mom is getting remarried and im nervous as hell about it.


we just have to be open to change and think about it this way- at least youll have your mom off your back !(:
you can make friends there at your new school!!!


GOOD LuCk!!
I would look at it as an opportunity to get to know my dad better. Sure high school seems important at the moment and I had changed 3 when I went but once you receive that diploma and have started to get on with life, all that is mox nix.


You wont even really think of it later. Sure it seems hard at first but depending on the type of person you are, if you are easy going, not too friendly and have a sense about yourself you will meet people who will want to know about you and you about them. Plus after living in that area you will come to know it.


You'll make it if you just take it one step/day at a time.
How can you say you hate your own mom? Maybe you're treating her so badly that she wants you gone because she can't take it anymore, who knows. You need to find out why you hate her and work that out. That's a pretty horrible thing to say. Would you really be happy if your mom died in a car crash tomorrow and you never saw again?





As for the person who said take it to court and you get to chose, they have it backwards. You get to chose when each parent WANTS you to live with them, not when they're trying to get rid of you.
dear your 15 years old and have the right to decide where you want to live.. weather it be with your dad or your mom.. when you go to court about this and yes it has to be taken to court then tell the judge you are happy where you are and feel it would be in your best interest to stay with your mom. your in high school and you shouldn't be subjected to a major move just because your mom has a problem with you... tell him you would be willing to get a drug test to prove to your mom your not doing drugs or drinking and then you will find out what her real reason is for wanting you with your dad...


she is being selfish and it sounds like she wants to have men in her life with out you in the picture... this is sad and if i ever met your mom i would more than likely slap her into reality and remind her that you are her most important man in her life and she needs to put her life on hold till your off on your own...


cheers


mystic

No comments:

Post a Comment