Saturday, July 31, 2010

Family situation in need of advice?

How do I tell someone that has been staying with me to hurry up and get an apartment? My sister, neice, and her very annoying boyfriend have been living in my 3 bedroom very small house for about a month now. My neice who is very adorable is ADHD and that is getting to be too much for me to handle along with always cleaning up after her and my baby too. They said they would be out by the 23rd of Jan. but they are not even looking for an apartment and are running out of time. My sister works and they pay us very little. I want to help them, but I have a 7 month old girl who is always getting woke up, and I am always having to clean up after everyone after I get off work when he has been at home all day. I feel like I am in jail when I a m at home because I stay so uptight all the time. I am to the point where I am looking for an excuse to go somewhere when they are there. I love them but I don't know how much longer I can take it. They have no where else to go right now, and the boyfriend isn't working because he can't find work where we live. Plus my husband and I are not in the best financial situation either. WHAT SHOULD I SAY TO THEM????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Family situation in need of advice?
I believe you and your husband do not have any other alternative but to call a family meeting and explain the situation to them. Even though he is not a member of your family, the boyfriend needs to be in attendance at this meeting. Pray and gather your thoughts before the meeting, seeking the Lord's wisdom on what to speak. It is admirable that your sister is working and is helping you and your husband out some, and I would be sure to thank her for that. One final thought - Have you considered seeking council from your pastor on the situation? If not, I would encourage you to do so. I will be keeping you and the others in my prayers, I promise! God bless you!!! :)Family situation in need of advice?
Take your sister off to the side and tell you have to be honest but don't want to create any emotional drama. Then simply tell her the truth. It may be that she won't be very receptive to what you have to say, but believe me when I say she will respect you a lot more if you are up front with her and don't play any games. These people that are in your space probably have never had their own space, so they really aren't aware of the inconvenience they are causing, it's up to you to be the big person here and say what has to be said. like it or not!





If I were you I would make sure that they still plan on moving by the 23rd before you say anything, they may have made plans you are unaware of. Good luck!
Very touchy situation, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. You don't want to have a rift between you and your sister,that could possibly drag on for years. That's how they start.How old is your niece? If your sises Boyfriend is the only one home during the day,hopefully he is out looking for jobs,but when or if he isn't I would tell him he is in charge of keeping the house clean,Laundry done and the best he can,dinner done or started.Because everyone else in the house is doing their part. I don't think he will like that very much if he is a creep and will find a way to get his family out or he can be a big help until they leave and take some of the burden off your back. I would also say in the evening, everyone starts pitching in before bed or after dinner to clean up together,so everyone is Happy and the house is cleaned up and it is not all on you.A 7 month old baby plus a child who is Hyper can be a big endeavor. Tell your sister to clean up after her child and you will clean up after yours. Call a big Family Meeting. The thing is this, Family is all we have in Life, but you do have some family members who can be a royal pain in the butt.After all the years I was raised and lived at home, I could never live with My Father again, LOL. I love him to death but we are so much alike that we can't be in the same room to long or we start our bickering. Lay it on the line. IN a Family way Starting with '; YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU'; But we all have to talk. Ask them if the shoe were on the other foot,how would they feel? If you get the help you need from them,you can probably withstand the time they are with you.After his chores every morning, the boyfriend needs to go the local Unemployment agency and put in applications. Have they tried to apply for aid? Is your niece his child? Like I said, I would calla meeting and say'; Hey Gang, I NEED HELP';. I am going to Pray you and your sister come out of this still in tact. Because I have a feeling he will be the one starting trouble. Your Sister knows,having a child like your niece how chaotic life can be when it is just her. Tell your sis, We have to get a system in place until you leave, and I love you and don't take me wrong, you know me better than that. Good Luck!!!
Wow that is a very terrible situation for you to be in. I think it would be wise frist to talk to your sister alone. and I do mean alone. choose a time when you will not be interupted. Plan ahead exactly what to say. Begin by telling her that you really wanted to help them out and you have but that she should remember that your hospitality was not offered for more that a month. Tell her that She and her child can stay maybe another couple of weeks or a month what ever you think but that it is time that her boyfriend should go somewhere that he could better find a job. Assure her you love them but that the situaltion is putting too much stress on you family, marriage or whatever the truth of the matter is. Also if she is going to stay a little while longer tell her that you expect her to start paying you some rent to help out. Where she gets it isn't your problem. People find a way when they are pressured. Maybe they can stay with his family. you could suggest that. But set some limits. Because If you don't stick to your guns on the time limits they will stay and stay and stay. A good question to ask yourself in these kinds of situations is ';Whose problem is this?';


Your problem is to get them out of your house and still keep your relationship with your sister. Don't even bring up the ADHD thing or the messes. Just keep repeating, This is putting too much stress on my family. You need to find another place to stay. If it gets really bad offer to help her find a womens shelter. When she knows you mean business she'll find somewhere else. Stick to your guns. And don't let it become a religious issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment