Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I need some advice to help a family member that has a serious problem?

I have a family member that has a serious problem with perscription drugs, painkillers ( oxycotin, and percaciet). Its so bad that she has taken to crushing and snorting them, drinking and smoking pot while on them. And she is litterally stoned 24/7. She's told me that she has no idea how I could live my life sober all the time. She has had this problem for years now, and its starting to really spiral out of control.


She has been snorting them for a while now and has told me off a blood clot that she blew out of her nose. I have told her that she has to stop and that she needs help and she really needs to think about a rehab program. I'm met with the classic drug user answers, '; I can quite when I want'; blah blah and she refuses a drug rehab because ';everyone would find out'; and '; I don't have the money'; excuses.


I've told her that she could die if she doesn't get help and it doesn't seem to faze her because she's convinced that she's the one in control. I'm really scared and concerned for her life!


I'm at the point where I dunno if I really care anymore if she hates me or not. I just want her to get help so she doesn't O.D or worse, die. I don't know what else to do someone please help point me in the direction I can go to help save this family members life.


I know that her parents would do nothing. They would blow me off because everyone fears her and they have been aware of her using, but I don't think they are aware of how it has spiral out of control . I need something that is professional and effective.I need some advice to help a family member that has a serious problem?
call the police when she has the drugs in her possession she needs proof they are hers etc she needs help and with the excuses shes not doing anyone any good but my friend that is in the same boat kinda says its my life and i will die happyI need some advice to help a family member that has a serious problem?
i see you by what you write you cant help a person if that person doesnt admit the drug use as a ';problem'; like you do. any drug use is illegal,


so next time you know that family member has drugs or is high, call


the police, social worker or a clergyman. the lesson will be learned the hard way. im not easy on drug users, especially if children are around. capice?
Well you're right...she is in control! She will quit only when she wants to...not because you tell her to. SHe will need to be scared straight unfortunately. Best of Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment