Saturday, July 31, 2010

I have a family issue I would like advice on?

I am 26 years old and 33 weeks pregnant with my 1st child.


My mother and I have never had a good relationship. She lives 2 streets away from me and has NEVER visitied me in 3 years. I told her I was pregnant and she seemed excited but when she found out I was having a boy she lost interested and was unhappy about it.


After that she made up rumours to our family about me and no-one is speaking to me anymore.


My husband decided the best thing for me was to keep me away from everyone as it was just too stressful. But now I am missing my family so much and dont know what to do?


I havent seen or spoken to them in months and want them to be a part of my life, but am frightened that they will just crap on me again!!


Would you write a letter to your mum? Would you ring her?


WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE IN MY SITUATION??


Thnak you for reading my saga ......I have a family issue I would like advice on?
in all fairness it really is your own decision to make,do you want to be around your mom or not...if she is all the things you say then i would really not want to be around her..and you still have your sisters so it's not like you have no family at all..yes she is your mom but she doesnt behave like one and a mother would never treat her own child llike that..maybe it's a lesson for you seeing as though you are going to have a baby...use this as a life lesson to have a beautiful relationship with your baby as he grows up and to accept and face any situation..and yes your hubby and baby are you family now..so stay away from her and let her be..at the end of it all..those are just words spoken by a bitter women and yes words hurt but the truth is for more reliableI have a family issue I would like advice on?
Your husband is unfortunately right. I don't know the reasons for her actions but your mom does not sounds stable enough to support and adult relationship with you. Some parents never are able to master the move from parenting to becoming a supportive life coach when your become an adult. You are welcome to send her a letter but I expect you will only find yourself hurt once more with her response.
I'll be straight to the point.





Why your mom never visits you for 3 years ? Is anyone guess.


Despite only leaving 2 streets away from you.


Your Q had simply creates too many Q for readers.


NO ONE can understand your saga,


unless you'll reveal more than we need to know.





And I don't think writing a letter to your mom will be able


to make her anger vanish.
no. especially cuza the boy thing. screw her. she doesn't deserve to be in you or your child's life. move on. love your child and he doesn't need a grandmother like that. Good luck and congrats on your new little man coming. I have two of my own and a crazy mother-in-law so I kinda know what you're talking about here. it's not worth the effort to try and make her want to be a good person.
ignore her dont let her see your baby. instead make her jealous and always have your husbands parents coming to visit and look after the baby.. another thing to do is let the baby go to your husbands parents house twice a week to visit. make the baby have a really good bond with your husbands parents and not a good bond with your parents
isnt you hubby and your child your family now?are nt they more important than others?u have live all ur life with ur hubby not mom....
well honestly i would leak something to her like where you are going and see who finds out so i knows been talking to her then get them to tell me what she said and confront her
she is still your mum after treating u bad?? She treats u bad all the time?????


If that were my mother i woul dnever talk to her again.
She's 2 streets away! go to her house and see why she doesn'y like you.
no uhuh no way
I would put it all aside for the duration of your pregnancy since emotional stress and turmoil has a really bad effect on a developing fetus. The stress chemicals cortisol and adrenaline always cross the placenta's barrier and have a negative effect on the unborn child. Every single time you get stressed the baby gets stressed and that affects his development. Chronically stress fetuses often have problems with brain development because the mum's cortisol and adrenaline affect how the baby develops.


Your unborn child is being affected by all of this. Put it all aside and concentrate on enjoying your pregnancy and looking forward to your baby. You're a mum now so protect your baby. A happy peaceful mum makes a happy peaceful baby. A chronically stressed out mum has a baby that can have learning disabilities and a whole host of other issues for life. Don't let your mum's behavior ruin this special time or your baby's long term emotional health.


Just relax and enjoy this time with your husband. You can work on a reconciliation with your family after the birth.


Congrats on your new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment