Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can you give me advice on what my family should do about my cousin's girlfriend?

I saw a question on here a minute ago and thought it was my cousin's gf for a second. Granted this is not a n %26amp; b question, but y'all give good advice. My cousin and I are like brother and sister, (3 mos. apart) His girlfriend of 11 yrs. and mother of his 2 girls age 9 and 6 left him for another man that she only knew a week. She does drugs he found out and is generally a bad person. She just left the kids. My question, she has a boy age 11 and he is the sweetest little boy who loves our family and wants to stay with my cousin. The boys father is in the army and has nothing to do with him. The only reason she didn't leave the boy is because he is not my cousin's. Is there any legal way to get the boy back since he is not blood relation, they werent even married. She just abandoned her two girls and said she didn't want to be a mother anymore. What can he do to get the 11 yr. old back?Can you give me advice on what my family should do about my cousin's girlfriend?
Oh thats tough, I dont know how to go about it legally. Maybe call a local family lawyers office, they will usually answer questions for you.


This gf sounds like a piece of TRASH ( no offense).





Does she even want her 11 yr old or did she just take him bc she felt she had too. Maybe your cousin can adopt him. Poor kid probably feels out of place with out his other 2 half siblings around.





EDIT - so she took the kid just to piss off your cousin? What a bit%hCan you give me advice on what my family should do about my cousin's girlfriend?
I'm so sorry! She sounds horrible! He's going to need a really good lawyer to get the 11 year old back. My only advice is for him to call every family lawyer in town and see if they'll do free consultations so he can see which one has the most experience in cases like this, and what he can try to do.
sometimes in the best interest of the child the courts will give custody to the person who has had a huge impact raising them financially even if they arent blood relatives, that would be my only advice..to check into that
I know of someone who did a similar thing recently. She left two daughters with the neighbors! Anyhow, I don't think there is anything legally that can be done, but the family could try to get the son back by simply asking. It sounds like she doesn't want to be a parent at all and only took the boy because he isn't biologically your cousin's. Try to be nice, say it would be for the best, etc.





Also, I have a friend who works for social services. They could provide you with some ideas of what could be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment