Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In need of advice for pregnancy and family matters.?

Hello,


I am reaching out to anyone whom believe they can help. Please do not leave answers about ';should have's'; because the past is the past. I am 23 years old and now 36 weeks pregnant. I have had many struggles through out this pregnancy and a majority of them have been with my boyfriend. He has an ex wife and a 14 year old daughter; neither of them like me at all. To be fair to myself I have tried to make things easy for the daughter to accept. She's said some mean things to me and I just let them go by without being nasty back. Her mother on the other hand has come over to my house, banged on the door several times during the night threatening me, which has caused me countless sleepless nights and periods of emotional distress. So much so that I have been sent to the hospital several times for going into early labor. I have asked my boyfriend to get a restraining order and he refuses saying ';she wont do it again.'; (and she has). My feelings about the issue are confused. He buys things for me an the baby but then doesn't stop her from harassing me and furthermore tells me he loves me. But then there's always those 3 nights a week he has his 14 year old over that ';I am not allowed to see him or come by his house.'; He doesn't live with me and refuses too because of how much his daughter doesn't like me. He moved out at the bidding of hi ex wife because she refused to let her daughter come over to see him when he lives with me. I was 5 months pregnant at this time and it caused me great stress and again I ended up at the hospital. I believe the baby is OK but I am afraid that my stress levels will impact my baby in some manner (do they?). So to sum this all up, I was just his girlfriend that he unintentionally got pregnant and I feel like he doesn't respect me because he feels he made a mistake. I feel as if the damage has been done and there's no way I want him in my life because I feel I deserve to be treated better. It scares me to say so but I told him I felt the proper thing to do was get married or at least live together so the child wasn't confused about family structure.





Please tell me what you think.In need of advice for pregnancy and family matters.?
Another classic example of as$hole guys. Honey, im so sorry you're going through all of this mess while being pregnant and having to deal with the aches and pains of that, not to mention the stress. Honestly, your boyfriend needs to step up to the plate and grow some balls, his older daughter should by NO means be treating you with such disrespect and he needs to realize this and do something about it, as for his ex coming to threaten you at night, that's some BS if I've ever heard any, its not her problem and has nothing AT ALL to do with her, she's an ex for a reason right?. I say you yourself get a restraining order against this psycho woman for your safety and the safety of your little baby, stress does have a major impact on babies in utero, preterm labor as you've experienced is one of the big concers, as well as low birth weight, low apgar scores and prematurity. This man if he truely loves you, will not let his ex wife control what goes on in his relationship and life because she's no longer a part of it, and he really needs to step up and be a father to this 14 year old, which includes putting his foot down about you and the baby and how she has no right, she doesn't have to like you, but she does need to keep her mouth shut and show some respect, for your health and the health of her new sibiling. Don't marry this man just for the sake of your baby, he really needs to get his act together and grow up, his kids don't need a friend, they need a father. Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out %26lt;3333In need of advice for pregnancy and family matters.?
I would leave him, but make sure you get child support. Marrying him just because you two have a baby doesn't mean it's good for the baby. The baby would see how you are treated and might grow up thinking that it's ok to treat others like that. You DO deserve better!
You have every right to be happy. If you love him and want to move forward in the relationship then that's one thing, but don't try to move the relationship forward just because of the baby.


He should have enough respect for you to keep you safe from his ex and not to allow a 14 year old little girl run the show in your relationship. She should not be allowed to talk to you like that. He needs to step up be a man and a parent and teach her to have some respect, but she is probably getting it from her mom. You not ';being allowed to go over to see your baby's daddy when she is there'; is a bunch of bs.


It sounds like he is going to put his ex and his daughter first and I don't really think you need that. If you leave him make sure you file for child support he helped make the baby he needs to help take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment