Saturday, July 31, 2010

Family drama.. I need some advice?

Okay, my boyfriend and I met online 3 years ago. We met in person 6 months after we started chatting. We were both 19 at that time. My parents flipped out after finding out that a ';stranger'; from the internet was coming to town. B and I met and fell in love. He turned out to be a great, genuine, kindhearted gentleman. My mother went on a rant and has decided that he was ';no good'; and is trying to ';hijack my mind';. B did nothing whatsoever to hurt anyone. My mother wound up punching me and got arrested. I asked her to join family counselling with me and she refused. We never had a good relationship from the get-go and I did my best to make ammends. My family is the type of family where everyone has to know everyones business. Its constant gossip 24/7. I was fed up with it. I was 19 and ready to discover a new life. So, I moved out to the state where my boyfriend was living. Im still living with him now and things are amazing. I have a great job in an awesome stress-free town.





So, heres where it gets a little tricky. I am planning a visit to NJ to see certain relatives and friends. I wanted B to come with me so my father can meet him. My father thinks B is a great guy and wants to know him better. My father is the one who suggested that B come out to NJ with me. My mother still hates Bs guts. She comes up with crazy accusations about him and his family. My father and I were going to keep Bs visit a secret from my mother until she stalked my myspace(which was private, so idk how shes getting this info) and she finds out that B was coming into town. She flips out and goes on a rant against my father. She emails Bs family and tells them that B is never allowed in that state EVER. We're 20 years old now. She cant tell us what to do. So, I emailed her and told her that B didnt even get a plane ticket and to leave us alone. My father warned me that my mother is going to stalk me and play ';detective'; to find B in the state. My dad said that shes only doing this so she can have something to ***** about.





So, I have a few options...The first being that I dont tell her anything at all and keep Bs presence a secret from her. Hes going to be in a hotel and I'll have a rental car. And we wont be anywhere near her residence.








Option 2: Just tell her that B is in town. Theres nothing she can do about it anyways. It might lower her anger level if she didnt find out herself. My dad will play it off like he didnt know a thing. She'll be pissed, but I wont be at the house at the time. I'll be in the hotel with a rental car. Far away from my mother.








Which option should I go for and why???Family drama.. I need some advice?
i think option 1 would be the best maybe probably i just think it would just incase you mother decides she is gonna do something about it ..








hope i helped:)


-caitlynFamily drama.. I need some advice?
maybe u should juss disclude her from ur fam I mean after a while she will u know come around and everything will be all good !!
Sorry it's too long, can't you summarize it?
wow.
I think you should go with option 2 b/c you are grown and if you made a mistake then you will have to learn from it.


Your mother sounds though as she really do love you and I guess with so many things going on in the world today she's just scared 4u. I still say be careful and good luck with your relationship.
Wow, some story.


I first want to say that you are lucky, as a lot of girls have had bad experiences with guys over the internet. But I am happy for you and am sorry you have so many problems.


I would say that you should just be honest and go with option 2 because your mom can not do anything to you. You are of legal age and live out of the house already. I understand that you would like thing to be better with your mom, and it will in time. She will get over it.


I have seem this so many time.


If I can give you one word of advice it would be to wake up each day happy. Think of your life and how your boyfriend makes you feel.


Any relationship is difficult and your mom is not making your it any easier. It is nice your Dad is understanding. Maybe he can help you talk to her.


I wish you luck.
First of all- I'm very happy for you. Congrats on getting out of that town and making a happy life for yourself! I would suggest option A. It still sounds like she's going to find out one way or another, but if you're in a different town it might take her a while. I would strongly encourage you to have the cops on speed-dial though. If she shows up and starts making a scene or threatening you two, have her arrested! Your Mom sounds like a real unstable nut-job and you have to protect yourself and your boyfriend. It's a shame she's like that, but it sounds like you did everything you could to work it out. It's now her problem, not yours. Good luck!
You are a grown up. living your own life. DO NOT let your mother tell you what to do. She has no right to tell you whether you can bring your B to the STATE. I say, you tell her, let her get it out of her system, And go and Enjoy yourself seeing the rest of the family.


Dont hide, Dont be afraid, Just live your life, knowing you are happy with him.


She may not like it, but eventually, she'll adjust, or just shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment