Thursday, July 29, 2010

Family issue Please help with advice?

I am trying to make a long story short, I bought a house at an auction in June. It was suppose to be my brother's but my mom couldn't get a loan for it, so I went ahead and purchased it. My brother is a very unreliable person that has been in trouble with the law, just very undependable but with a good heart. Everyone wanted me to give him a chance and let him stay there so he had a place to live. I resentfully agreed because I knew I would have problems. He's been living there since July 1st. He has been partially paying me on the rent every month (I should mention I am not making any money off of him, just what I owe) He does have me caught up on the rent but I told him if he got a dog it couldn't be a vicious breed dog because I called my insurance and they wont even cover my house if a dog like that lives there. What does he do, he gets a bulldog. Then I tell him it has to go (that was one of the dogs I even told him he couldn't get) I tell him it wasn't right and had to go. Few days later he says he gave it to my sister-she lives next door. Now I found out it was a lie. It is staying at my/his place. He doesn't want to get the gas turned on, he wants to convert things to electric, I told him no but I know he will do it anyway without my knowledge. Do I boot him out? He is family and if I do he will be out on the streets. Thanks very much for any input!Family issue Please help with advice?
Bull dogs are not vicious. Pit bulls are..but I am surprised they wouldn't allow a bull dog.


Why don't you want him to convert to gas? It would be much cheaper and safer. Is there a reason you don't want him to?


I think as long as he is paying his rent, let him stay. As long as he isn't bringing shady people to the house and causing problems, let him stay.


If he is willing to pay for the conversion to electric, let him do it.


Next time follow your instincts, and never let people talk you into things.Family issue Please help with advice?
Your main concern here should be his deceptions... the house is yours, and if he, as a tenant, attempts to make changes to the structure or services of the home without your consent, you DO have every right to boot him out. Be firm with him, and let him know that you are the home owner, not him... what you say with regards to the home goes. If he does not like it, he can leave of his own volition. If he persists, and continues with these shenanigans, you are well within your rights to evict him... put it in writing, so that if he damages the home before he leaves, you will have some legal recourse if it comes to that.





If he's got half a brain, he'll realize that you are the one who's suffering the most here, and that he's being completely irresponsible and taking advantage of you. If he ends up getting himself out on the street because of his behavior, I hate to say it, but it's his own darn fault.
You are like me. My sister and her 2 sons live in my 3 family house. I pay the mortgage and they are always lagging behind in the rent. They have this huge dog that roams the building (they have the whole house).


The hall smells and service people refuse to do work with the dog on the lose in the building.





Mo matter what I ask them to do, they either object or complain to my mom. I wrote them a very nice letter today outlining my reasons for placing the house on the market TODAY. I thank God for your question. It has helped me to see just how jealous and cruel family can be.





I recommend you do the same. Get rid of your brother. If he wanted to live there, he would abide by your rules which are not difficult at all.
I would like to see the statistics of the percentage of times a family member is out foxed by another family member. I hate to hear of the ingratitude your brother is showing you.Even though he has betrayed your trust in him, you are still concerned about his well fare. You need to get a back bone and tell him that he needs to keep the dog off of YOUR property and if he dares to try to mess with any of the utilities, you will have the house condemned and put him out on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment